Monday, November 26, 2007

AliaBeth


Alia is sick. She has been for the past month. I have tried everything I know to try and her cough just will not go away. Saturday night she coughed almost nonstop from 11:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. I've given her oregano oil drops; put Vicks on her feet, chest, armpits, and throat; had her inhale eucalyptus essential oil steam; given her Throat Coat tea, cayenne tea, and lemon and honey tea; had her breathe cool moist air, and warm moist air.....

Last night she coughed until 3:00 a.m. again, and I finally just gave in and gave her some Nyquil. It didn't help either. Today she has a raging fever, and we're both so tired we can't hardly function. The only thing I haven't tried is an onion compress and onion milk, honey, and lemon tea. Oh and I just remembered the G.O.O.

So far the thing that works the best is pushing her "cough button". For those of you who don't know that is located just below the rib cage. The left side seems to work best for her. Although I'm so desperate I'm just having her push both sides. It gets old in a hurry though so I've been sleeping next to her on the love seat taking turns with her all night long.

We're so tired of chicken noodle soup, but it looks like I'll be making it again today. While Connie was here she made her wonderful recipe, complete with homemade noodles and dumplings, even though she couldn't eat it herself. She is so selfless, and has such a servant's heart that it never ceases to amaze me.

So, if you would, please pray.....

1. For Alia to get better quickly. By Wednesday would be good. For the sake of Amanda and her family, as I have to testify in the trial, and I can't take Alia with me. I'm hoping this fever is the answer to my prayers, and is working it's magic.
2. For all of us to get caught up on sleep around here so that the rest of us don't get sick.
3. And for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and possibly Monday that the judge and jury would have hearts to perceive the truth, and that the Lord would be clearly seen in the lives of me and my family.

Thank you so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a "cough button"? I've never heard that term before.

I'll be praying for you this week - for courage, clarity and for the truth to be so obvious that no one can deny it.

Rebecca

Sherri said...

Thank you, Rebecca, for your prayers. They mean so much to us; more than you'll probably ever know. {{HUGS}}

A cough button is just a spot directly below the rib cage where you can press your fingers under you ribs as if they were handles. You want to push in where your rib cage angles down. I honestly have no idea how or why it works, I just know that it does. LOL You can call me crazy if you want. :D

Amanda said...

I'm sure that it has something to do with compressing your diaprhagm or something like that. I was wondering, are you treating this like a cold, or is is posible that she has bronchitis? There may be other treatment options if she has bronchitis??? I don't know. It just seems strange that she is the only one that is really sick still.
We will be praying and will take extra good care of her while you are at the trial.

Photobucket