Thursday, November 15, 2007

Making A Difference


Suzanna Wesley is my role model. I've always admired her discipline and character as a mother. Pastor used her as an illustration in his sermon last night. This is one of my favorite links about motherhood and Suzanna Wesley.

As a mother of only five, my heart's desire is to be filled with God's power and grace in all that I do, as insignificant as it may seem. And to truly make a lasting difference in the lives of my children and grandchildren. If she could do it without self-pity with nineteen children, I am without excuse.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Well said. (It's strange to hear you say only 5 children!) She is an inspiration and a wonderful role model... Thank you for sharing.

Chris Burkhardt said...

Sherri,
Thank for posting this. I have been praying and thinking a lot about making sure I exemplify Christ in my life for them. It definitely gets trying at times being with them 24/7 but I am so thankful to have the Lord to turn to. Deut. 6:6-7 has made an impression on me to constantly instill the things of the Lord in to there lives. I am so thankful for the lesson's and stories to teach them from God's Word instead of all the junk the world has to offer. Ok, I am done. Thanks again for this post.
BTW, do you mind if I put your link on my blog site? I go through Angela Dean's site and then through Rebecca's to get to your your blog. I will tell Sarah "hey" from you guys.
Christina

Sherri said...

Hi Christina,

I don't mind at all if you link to my site.

That's kind of how I got to yours, too, until you commented here, except that I had to find Angela's comments to get to hers first. And she last commented on my blog in June, I think! LOL Do you care if I directly link to you? It would be so much easier.

After I left my comment on your blog I thought of asking you if you think Sarah would mind if you gave me her email address, if she has one.(?) I would love to get back in touch with her. Do you think you might be able to mention that to her as well? I'd really appreciate it. You can email it to me through my profile page if she says yes.

Thanks so much for the comment, and have a GREAT day! :D

Sherri said...

Christina,

I put a link to you on my blog. If you want me to take it off I will. Just let me know. I wanted to do it while I was adding some other stuff to my sidebar. Thanks. :)

Photobucket