Monday, November 19, 2007

Getting Creative....At Long Last. Maybe.

I was in a terrible hurry to get to church Wednesday evening. Nothing unusual really.

Except...

Pastor had called on Monday asking if I would consider playing the organ as often as my large family and other ministries would allow. I couldn't honestly say that I had never touched an organ before because my "God mother" from before I was saved had one that I played on every time I was at her house. When I was like....two. But really, I had never seriously played one.

I talked to Josh about it, and he thought it was a good idea as long as I didn't over-commit, which we both know I have a propensity to do because I don't know how to "just say no" already.

So with much trepidation and prayer I called Pastor back and said that I was willing to try. Wednesday morning and afternoon I was at the church practicing. Our piano player, Kristy, is also the church secretary so she was there to give me some pointers. Praise the Lord, it went much better than I expected.

So I had no excuse.

I raced home to make supper and get everyone ready, and Josh calls and says he's going to be late. In order for me to be at the organ 10 minutes before the service starts, I have to leave at least ten minutes earlier than usual. We usually get to the church 15 minutes before the service starts anyway, but since I was going to have to load and unload the kids myself I found myself in a major time crunch. Praise the Lord, everything went so smoothly. Even fixing Alia's hair which more often than not just doesn't get done.

I don't think I could do this again. I only know I had just two strands of hair, and one stayed the same size and the other one kept growing. LOL

Does anyone know what this type of braid is called? I know it's not fishtail because I know how to fishtail braid and that's not how I did this.







3 comments:

Amanda said...

AliaBeth's hair is glorious! I have no idea what it would be called, except beautiful!
Love It

Amy Martin said...

I would call if a fishtail, but only you know how you did it! LOL It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of a French braid; that's all I know. My mom used to do it to my hair. What you did looks very nice!

Photobucket