Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day One

Today went very well! Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue; it's working.

God is faithful! I wasn't nervous at all when I was on the stand. I didn't get an opportunity to say what I wanted to say, but I don't think that anything that I said was beneficial to the prosecution. In cross-examination the defense attorney asked me if I felt that my dad was a loving provider for his family, the prosecution jumped up and objected. But.... not before I said, "Oh, most definitely!" Praise the Lord. The jury heard it, and I couldn't have been more sincere. Apparently they don't want them to see what kind of people my parents are. It's a tremendous threat to their case. If my parents are represented as the honest, intelligent, just-trying-to-do-the-right-thing people it will make the jury think twice. So please pray that they will be able to see these things in spite of the prosecution. It's vital to our case!

So far the prosecution has proven absolutely nothing except that my mom and dad have their house in a trust, they pay all the bills on the house, the house is entrusted to me and my sister, and that they cash almost all their checks instead of depositing them.

Does anyone else out there see any criminal intent or a conspiracy?

Me either.

They made a big deal about my dad claiming 9 exemptions. Basically they said that is against "the rules" although they never once read anything that specifically stated that. Know why? Because it doesn't state that anywhere. Why would anyone "voluntarily" allow them to "borrow" their money for a year, and then get a refund. Most people would rather have their money now, thankyouverymuch.

Overall, the feeling in the courtroom was one of boredom, and uncertainty as to what exactly they were getting at. We can only hope and pray that the jury got the same vibe. Even people that were there that don't necessarily agree with my parents, but wanted to show support were incredulous at the proceedings. It proved nothing, and felt like a complete waste of time.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Again keep praying! And if you have prayer chains, please start them. They're running behind so the case may be carried over until Monday. That's what we're praying for so that the jury has plenty of time to review the evidence.

Micah 2:1-2 "Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand. And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that the first day went well. Praying for continued peace in your heart and for truth and justice to be lifted up.

~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that the first day went well. Praying for continued peace in your heart and for truth and justice to be lifted up.

~Rebecca

Photobucket