Thursday, November 08, 2007

Most Of The Time...


....we get nothing but compliments when we take our children places. Then, when we least expect it, one of them goes and does something like this:

Several weeks ago I was at Amanda's house helping her organize her closet. The older children were having a great time outside while we were busy inside. Isaac was with my mom and Nathan was in and out of the bedroom so we could keep an eye on him.

After an hour or two we decided to take a break. As we entered her kitchen Amanda was the first to see Nathan.......

with his pants down ......

peeing on her deck!?!?!

At our cries of laughter (on Amanda's part) and dismay (on my part) he turns around while still peeing and looks at us, his expression all innocence and bliss.

I could not believe it. As far as I know, that particular child of mine has never used the outdoors as a bathroom before. I'm just glad that it happened at her house and not someone else's who doesn't have boys to contend with on a regular basis.

Gracious hostess that she is, she cleaned it up by rinsing the area off with hot, soapy water laughing the entire time. And regaling me with her own "boy" stories.

Kids.

What next?
No, wait. I don't wanna know.

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

With five males in your house this should not surprise you at all! LOL My boys (one big and one little) do that ALL THE TIME!! Although not necessarily on someone else's porch! Yard? Yes. ((Shrug)) What can ya do about it. Boys will be boys!! LOL

Amanda said...

LOL I am still laughing about this one. It is almost as funny in print as in person!

Anonymous said...

LOL-LOL-LOL-LOL!!!!! Okay--I would be so mortified if that were my son. I can just imagine the look on your face and the thoughts going through your head!

Photobucket