I always try to keep my blog light and happy because these are the things that I want to remember when I look back. And as unlikely as it seems sometimes, those are the things that I remember most readily anyway. But as some of you know, there are much bigger things going on in our lives right now than what appears on the surface.
At the end of this month, something very important and daunting is taking place. In the meantime, we have a lot of work to get done. There is no way we can do it all ourselves, and many people that have promised help haven't actually come through when it came right down to it. A few who genuinely want to help have been prevented in one way or another, too. Except for two very special people!
Our pastor says that every person that you come in contact with is either heading toward a difficulty, going through a difficulty, or coming out of a difficulty. Everyone has their own set of problems to be sure. That makes it so extra special when someone takes time out of their lives to help you through yours.
Riky and Amanda have been the truest friends that I think we've ever had as a couple. That's not to say that I don't have other true friends. So many of you are too far away to be able to do any more than pray, and that is appreciated and needed just as much whether near or far! But Amanda and Riky are here. They are right here beside us every step of the way and willing to do whatever it takes to help us in any way they possibly can. They have given of so much of their time nearly every free evening that they've had, and even during the day. They've even offered to watch my kids during the day while Josh works indefinitely should things take a turn for the worse in the future. We have faith that this won't happen, but the fact that they have offered means so very much to us.
The verse "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" has taken on a bigger meaning. It's not only the laying down of your life in death, but in life also that the greatest love is shown.
They do not want recognition, but it means so much to us that I have to share it. They have been such a good example to me personally. I definitely need to do more in this area myself. We love you both and appreciate all that you have done and are willing to do for us when you have your own lives and things to deal with. May God truly bless you for it and repay you abundantly in ways that we will never be able to.
Please pray for my family. We covet your prayers. Only God has the ability to give us the victory in this, but He is able and we take comfort in that. In the movie "Facing the Giants" the theme is "If we win, we praise Him; if we lose, we praise Him. Either way." God will get all the glory.
The following are just a few of the gems that God has given me to claim in the last several months:
Jeremiah 20:11-13
"But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause. Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers."

4 comments:
Sherri,
A very humble thank you for this post and for being you. We love you all. Thank YOU.
A very special verse that I am claiming through all of this is Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
We WILL have the victory!! Even as I cry and pray myself to sleep at night, I believe!
I'm so glad you have friends like that there. I've often thought that I would like to meet them, just from the little bit that I know of them. I can only say, "Thank you!" to them through your blog. God is so good to give special friends like that to be near, when others are far away.
Hey Stephanie,
I sure do wish you were here! Thanks for the comment. :) I truly have been thinking about calling you. Unfortunately, I never get farther than the thinking. :( I hope you're doing okay. I miss you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If anyone reading doesn't know what I'm talking about and would like to know more details, please feel free to email me. Just go to "View my complete profile" and click on email. The internet isn't a good place to publish sensitive information. I'm sure you understand.
Post a Comment