Do you all remember Wendy (Short) Mears? I was privileged to have this amazing person as a roommate for one oh. so. short. semester at college. We have kept in touch off and on over the past nine years, but more faithfully in recent months.
She and her husband, Kory, are missionaries to Fiji. Last I heard they had three beautiful girls ages 7, 5, and 3, and had just had a baby boy. Today she called me to catch me up on all that has been going on with them lately.
In August, they adopted a two week old Indian baby. The mother, only 17 years old, had been raped by her uncle, and the parents gave the girl poisons to drink when she was 6 to 8 months along, and then tried to abort the baby. This precious, innocent little girl survived and is completely perfect. No ill effects from the poisons at all! God is so very good!!! They named her Hadassah Esther because they believe God has a wonderful plan for her life, and Hadassah was an orphan in the Bible that truly did great things for God.
But that's not the end of the story!
Just a few weeks after they adopted Hadassah, they found out that they are pregnant with baby #6! Hadassah will only be 8 months old when their new baby is born in March!
If you would have told us that she would end up with more children than me when we were in college we both would have laughed in utter disbelief. Plus, six children before they age of thirty is just..... an awful lot to comprehend. LOL
I keep trying to convince her to start a blog, or at the very least keep a journal. You all would not believe the amazing things that God has done with their lives. So many stories of God's goodness, and grace, and nothing less than modern day miracles. They are LIVING these things right here and now, and it's so unbelievably exciting! I wish I could share them all with you. I'm loving just being close enough to hear about them firsthand, and long to be used of God in such a mighty way myself. As soon as I receive a picture from her, I'll post it. They're such a beautiful family.
Please pray for their work in Fiji. When Wendy arrived they only had a handful of people at their church. Now they have a Christian school and college going! Men are getting saved and going off and starting new churches, and that's just the tip of the iceberg! We serve an amazing God. We truly do.

2 comments:
This sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear more! BTW, if she finds any more babies just lying around waiting for a home, I'll take some! I'll even pay for shipping!LOL
Thanks for keeping us up to date on her. Just the little you mentioned sounds amazing; I can only imagine. She could probably never have imagined it either when she was in college!
Post a Comment