Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Praise The Lord For Progress!

Josh's mom and dad are headed our way for our family's big once a year celebration. David's birthday is right before Thanksgiving and Josh's is right after. :)

It snowed last night, and the roads are supposed to be pretty bad, but they're coming anyway.


I love my crab apple tree. It's beautiful year round. All the fruit is still on it, and as beautiful as ever. If I were as good a photographer as Pioneer Woman, I would have some beautiful snow-covered berry pictures. But I'm not.

Josh shampooed all the carpets this past month, and he just finished up the front living room on Saturday. I excitedly mentioned that since we had all the furniture out of the room, we could rearrange it when we brought it all back in. His response was, "Honey, I'm already so tired I don't know how I'm going to get the carpet done. Please don't ask me to rearrange the furniture, too." You see, to him, it's not just a simple matter of moving furniture around. He has to measure the room and each piece in it, draw it to scale, cut out the miniature furniture, and arrange and rearrange it all on paper, first.

He's totally in denial about his OCD tendencies.

Totally.

He didn't have time to put the furniture back that night, so I got to arranged it the way I wanted it. Before when I've tried to do this, his only response has been, "Why do you insist on trying to improve on perfection?" This time, he didn't say anything at all. LOL He is so funny. :)

Our "parlor" before....


Our "parlor" after....





There's really only so much you can do with this room, but different is all I wanted. My sister reminded me that Josh is planning on making this into a dining room someday. With hardwood floors and a pretty chandelier. Right now there are no ceiling lights in this room. It will be beautiful when it's done. Someday. :D

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Very nice. The lamp looks good in the corner and I especially like the clock above your glider! (wink)

Amanda said...

I like it. I too have a room that you can only do so much with and I think that you made some wonderful choices. I like the lamp in the corner like that, too. I think that I might just go see what I can do with my living room. If it wern't for that gigantic 5 foot tall 800lb piano, I could do quite a bit. Alas, I will have to work around it. You're an inspiration!

Chris Burkhardt said...

Looks great!

It's funny you say that about scrunching the shoulders. That is exactly what Drew does. I tell him to put his head down and he does but with his shoulders all scrunched up. I now take a comb back there and pull the hair up with that and use the small trimmer to cut it. The whole time I have to tell him it's only the comb. He does great trimming around his ears it's just that neck of his:0)
Have a great Thanksgiving with your family!
Chris

Photobucket