Amanda is being her usual helpful self, so I am watching Jeffrey and Jordan for her. The little ones are peacefully napping (thankfully). That leaves the two six year olds, Jeffrey and Alia, to play quietly together.
While I'm in the kitchen baking cookies, they're busy pretending that they're stranded on a huge ship in my living room. The loveseat is the ship. Their curious conversation has me holding my breath trying not to laugh out loud.
Alia: "I wish I had Superman shoes so that I could fly away."
Jeffrey: "Umm, Superman doesn't wear shoes."
Alia: "Are you sure? I think he does."
Jeffrey: "Have you ever watched Superman 3?"
Alia: "No."
Jeffrey: "Well then, that's why you don't know."
Alia: "But! Jordan told me he does!"
Jeffrey: "Has Jordan ever watched Superman 3?"
Alia: "I don't think so."
Jeffrey: "Well, then he doesn't know either."
Alia: (in a huff) "Well, we just can't talk about this anymore!"
A few minutes later my ears prick up at the words "we're married"......
Alia: "Did you see what he did? That was amazing!"
"Jeffrey, what's wrong? Are you mad at me?"
Jeffrey: (whispering) "We're married and I'm mad at you because you were talking about somebody else!"
Alia: "Well, don't you think you should have told me we were married?"
Jeffrey: "I guess so."
Alia: "Let's start over again, then, so you don't have to be mad anymore."
Later I hear....
Jeffrey: (whispering) "We're married again."
Alia: (whispering) "Oh, we are? Okay."
Jeffrey: (In a loud voice) "We gotta catch this beam or it's gonna fall on us! AHHHH!"
Alia: "Wow, Jeffrey! How did you get to be so big and strong?"
I wish you could have seen the look on Jeffrey's face at that moment! He couldn't have been more proud.
Right now they're playing hangman.
It's becoming interesting.
Neither of them are very good at spelling. If only ya'll could be one of the many flies on my wall!

5 comments:
And they make the handsomest couple ever!! How cute!
In my dreams they are married, too. Except that they still look six walking down the aisle. Weird! BTW when you use the word ya'll in your posts it makes me LOL EVERY TIME. Love ya
Also: Hooray for cookies. Glad you got the baking bug. Your cookies are fabulous!
Cookies! Crumby buttons. I told Jeffrey I'd give you all some before you left and I completely forgot. So sorry. :(
Crumby Buttons? ROFLOL 'S OK. I had chocolate covered cherries in the freezer to pass my time! You know!
Post a Comment