Friday, December 12, 2008

Nothing Says "Christmas" Like The Taste of Sugar Cookies

I decided to do a little taste-testing experiment with my kids. Oh my goodness, they so enjoyed this afternoon! :)

Last year I made Gulley's Sugar Cookies which were absolutely amazing. Never one willing to miss out on a scrumptious recipe I decided to try Pioneer Woman's, too. Of course, I wouldn't be able to tell which one I liked best unless I made them side by side. So I got busy.

It went so much better this year, but it really was no contest. If you like crisp cookies made with Crisco, you'll like Pioneer Woman's. But if, like me, you prefer buttery, soft, cake-like sugar cookies, take my word for it, you will love Gulley's! If you try them, let me know what you think. The vote from the Bothwell kitchen was unanimous! :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good for you! I never make sugar cookies because I want them to turn out looking like the ones in this picture. I am artistically challenged,so there is not a chance that they will, so I don't. I can make a rather nice looking turkey, house, heart, christmas tree... design on top of an apple pie crust, with a fork- non the less. But not with frosting. Good for you!

Amy Martin said...

I had so much fun making our cookies today. With Kelly's help the decorating was even fun! Johnny still likes my chocolate chip cookies best,which is fine with me cause they are a far cry easier! LOL

Photobucket