
I'm trying.
Really, I am.
This is baby Ashley's Christmas tree. Isn't it beautiful? Her momma sure knows how to make Christmas special!
On Tuesday I made Big Mama's sugar cookies. Well, I made the dough. It has to be refrigerated overnight, so I didn't get them baked until last night right before church. Josh always seems to come home when things are beginning to fall apart for me. Literally and figuratively.
I like very few Pampered Chef products (to put it mildly). Somehow I still have a round baking stone from my bridal shower. It was the only cookie sheet I could find so I had to use it. Before I was done I made Josh promise never to let me make sugar cookies again, or to use a baking stone.
Never, ever, ever.
I told him as soon as I was done I was taking the stone outside and dropping it from my porch so I could watch it shatter into a million pieces. Oh, the peace that would then fill my soul! :) I haven't done it yet. I thought I'd have Josh do it with me. It would be our own little "Down With Pampered Chef" party! Yeah! :D
Dough doesn't work for me. Josh thinks I'm crazy because I say inanimate objects have a vendetta against me, but it's true. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to make, if it requires a rolling pin, I will have to fight with it from beginning to end, and then more often than not it won't turn out. Whenever I see recipes entitled, "Easiest Anything Ever" I laugh.
And set out to prove them wrong apparently.
Really, I am.
This is baby Ashley's Christmas tree. Isn't it beautiful? Her momma sure knows how to make Christmas special!
On Tuesday I made Big Mama's sugar cookies. Well, I made the dough. It has to be refrigerated overnight, so I didn't get them baked until last night right before church. Josh always seems to come home when things are beginning to fall apart for me. Literally and figuratively.
I like very few Pampered Chef products (to put it mildly). Somehow I still have a round baking stone from my bridal shower. It was the only cookie sheet I could find so I had to use it. Before I was done I made Josh promise never to let me make sugar cookies again, or to use a baking stone.
Never, ever, ever.
I told him as soon as I was done I was taking the stone outside and dropping it from my porch so I could watch it shatter into a million pieces. Oh, the peace that would then fill my soul! :) I haven't done it yet. I thought I'd have Josh do it with me. It would be our own little "Down With Pampered Chef" party! Yeah! :D
Dough doesn't work for me. Josh thinks I'm crazy because I say inanimate objects have a vendetta against me, but it's true. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to make, if it requires a rolling pin, I will have to fight with it from beginning to end, and then more often than not it won't turn out. Whenever I see recipes entitled, "Easiest Anything Ever" I laugh.
And set out to prove them wrong apparently.
I fall for it every time.
And then Josh has to take over for me and show me how it's done. I'm not kidding. Dough just works for him; the first time, every time.
Anyway. What was I saying....?
And then Josh has to take over for me and show me how it's done. I'm not kidding. Dough just works for him; the first time, every time.
Anyway. What was I saying....?
Oh yeah, sugar cookies. After meticulously scraping them off the blasted stone, I waited for them to cool, and frosted them.
One bite was like tasting the very essence of Christmas! They were heavenly. I highly recommend this recipe to those of you blessed with a knack for handling dough. It even turns out good for those of us less fortunate! Although considerable pain and suffering goes into them in the latter case, at least they won't have to be thrown away altogether. :P
The kids are patiently waiting for me to finish this post so that we can put Christmas lights up. I wanted to do it Thanksgiving weekend, but that didn't happen. Now it's so late in the season, I have no desire whatsoever to do it. I'll blink and then have to take them down again. Sigh. I think Ashley's mom got my dose of Christmas spirit. I so cannot relate to her. Although, if I were sitting in a hospital with my child day in and day out for months on end, even decorating would seem fun to me, I'm sure. Nothing like a good dose of perspective to get you moving, huh? :)
One bite was like tasting the very essence of Christmas! They were heavenly. I highly recommend this recipe to those of you blessed with a knack for handling dough. It even turns out good for those of us less fortunate! Although considerable pain and suffering goes into them in the latter case, at least they won't have to be thrown away altogether. :P
The kids are patiently waiting for me to finish this post so that we can put Christmas lights up. I wanted to do it Thanksgiving weekend, but that didn't happen. Now it's so late in the season, I have no desire whatsoever to do it. I'll blink and then have to take them down again. Sigh. I think Ashley's mom got my dose of Christmas spirit. I so cannot relate to her. Although, if I were sitting in a hospital with my child day in and day out for months on end, even decorating would seem fun to me, I'm sure. Nothing like a good dose of perspective to get you moving, huh? :)

3 comments:
Oh, how I love Christmas. And if I could ever get my house back in order I would love it even more. Slowly but surely. Here I go again.
I LOVE YOU! You make me laugh out loud SO often. If you ever want to do doug-y things again, come over here. Dough loves me. Brownies hate me, though. Also, I could take that stone off your hands so it wouldn't bother you again ;)
Here I go again, leaving a comment on my own blog, but I didn't want to do a separate post about this, so....
I've had 197 hits on my blog in the last five days, AND 502 page views!!!! I feel so loved! :D Thank you all so much for caring, and coming back. Most people whose blogs are public don't get that many hits! You guys are the aboslute best!!
Post a Comment