Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Tammy And The Bachelor"

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Tambry Tyre (played by Debbie Reynolds) is so beautiful, simple, innocent, pure, and wise.
Everything that I wish I was, I guess. ;)

Josh even liked it! Neither one of us thought he would, but what a blessing we both would have missed out on if he hadn't at least attempted to watch it with me. He enjoys that wholesome, country way of life, (especially the fact that she has a trained pet goat!) and there's a part in the movie after she sings "Tammy's In Love" where she says, "Just think Miss Renny, the same moon that's shinin' down on me tonight, is shinin' down on...Pete's tomatoes." Awww, if only I loved Josh so much as to be able to say that. :) She's the woman of his dreams. LOL

But my kids love the movie, too, and it's one of the few I will let them watch to their heart's content in addition to "Bringing Up Baby", "Anne of Green Gables", "Facing the Giants", "Flywheel", and the "Love Comes Softly" series. I've heard great things about "Amazing Grace", but haven't been able to watch that yet. Most of the Avonlea movies are good. I have four seasons I think, but there are some that my kids will tell me later they never want to watch again because, "those kids are just so naughty, Momma." They make me laugh. :D

But I cherish their innocence and hearts that are tender in discerning right and wrong.

I hope to get "Tammy and the Millionaire" sometime soon. There are also "Tammy and the Doctor" and "Tammy, Tell Me True", but Sandra Dee is the main character instead of Debbie Reynolds, so I'm not sure I'd like them as much. So if you're looking for good old movies, you can find some here that are reasonably priced. Every other website that carried these were charging $80 per DVD. Can you believe it!? They're really good, but not that good. :)

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

I can't wait to get there so that I can watch it with you!!! I absolutely LOVE that song, but the only part I can ever remember is, "Ta-a-mmy, Ta-a-mmy, Tammy's in love".

Can't wait to see you guys.

Amanda said...

I HAVE to borrow this from you! I can't wait to see it! If---that is-- I can pry it out of your DVD player and away from you kids. Very festive music, BTW.

Photobucket