Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Thanks For Sharing"

That's what you'll all be saying after you read this post. LOL

When I went to get Isaac up this morning, I smelled him before I even opened his door. He had had one major blowout. I brought him upstairs to change him, and Alia started jabbering as usual after she brought me the diapers and wipes. She can't just stand quietly when she's helping with something; she talks incessantly a mile a minute. (I haven't a clue where she got that from. ;))

Me: "Alia, hand me the wipes please."

Alia: "Here ya go, Mommy." Sigh. "When I grow up, my babies aren't going to poop. Only pee. This is bisgusting."

Me: "Oh, really? How are you going to manage that one?"

Alia: "I don't know." with brow furrowed and really thinking hard about it now.

Me: "How would you like it if I told you you were no longer allowed to poop."

Alia: Sigh "I don't know."

She was quiet for a whole 30 seconds, and then she said,

"Well, at least I hope my babies have red hair. Isaac is so cute with his! But I'm only going to have girls with red hair. No boys, huh uh. Boys are trouble. Mommy, would you like it if I had a whole bunch of red-headed girls?"

Me: "Yes, Alia."

Alia: "So would I! I can't hardly wait!"

Me: "I'm not so sure. You need to learn to help out more with your brothers. What do you think the difference is in taking care of them and your own babies?"

Alia: "Well, they'll be mine! And they'll be girls."

And that was the end of that.

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

It's SO much easier when they're your own, especially if they're girls!! Because when they're someone else's you don't have to watch them ALL THE TIME!! And it's much easier to watch them ALL THE TIME as opposed to just helping out every now and then.

Oh to be dilusional like that! LOL What a sweetie.

Amanda said...

Yes, truly, that is the end of that! She is so precious!

Photobucket