Monday, December 10, 2007

I Love Snow!

I wish you all could see the big, fluffy flakes that are cascading outside my living room windows! It's hard to imagine anything more beautiful, especially during sunrise and sunset. I love Robert Duncan's winter art. Josh got a few prints for his birthday. Now I just need to get them professionally framed. Hopefully I can get that done in time for Christmas!

I'm so thankful for the small gifts that the Lord has so lovingly bestowed on my family and I lately. I don't know that I've ever been more appreciative of the most mundane things. It seems that everything effects me to a higher degree.

I feel everything so much more.

Life is so full of possibility and beauty. God's Word especially is alive with meaning, and I cherish it. God is always good! I can't even formulate the words to express what God and His Word have meant to me this past year. I long to share it with you all, but I am inadequate.

Let me just say that when you step out in faith to take a stand on what you know is right, God will ALWAYS bless you for it. Even when to the rest of the world what He allows to happen appears to be a tragedy, God will sustain you, and strengthen you, and be so real to you that He is tangible. The battle is the Lord's.

The peace and joy that are experienced when you are smack dab in the center of God's will for your life is priceless. I wouldn't change this past year for anything this side of eternity. It has bordered on the unbelievable in so many respects! My faith has grown by leaps and bounds. There is truly nothing that God cannot do, and when he says "open your mouth wide and I will fill it" He means it! God cannot lie!

Ephesians 3:14-21 "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

Why, oh, why can't we just take God at His Word? Why have we let the devil come in and steal our faith? "Without faith it is impossible to please Him" and "whatsoever is not of faith is sin"! God can be trusted. Implicitly. God will never let you down. He knows what He's doing.

Simply trust.

I often think of the song, "Why worry when you can pray? Trust Jesus. He'll be your stay. Don't be a doubting Thomas; rest fully on His promise. Why worry, worry, worry, worry, when you can pray?"

God doesn't want us to be "care full" about anything. Any more than we want our children to be fearful, and worry about whether or not we'll take care of them. I'm sure that we often hurt God's heart because we don't trust Him.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Very insightful.

Anonymous said...

Hey again, :o)

Would it be ok w/ you if I sent a link to your blog to a good friend of mine? It stuck in the back of my mind that you wanted to be careful in regard to whomever may read it (and understandably so). My friend, Penny, and I got to be good friends during the time I was teaching. Her son was in my class for 3rd and 4th grade. I hope you don't mind that I shared with her some info. about the trial... she gets pretty riled up over gov't issues and such, so I had a feeling it would put a "bee in her bonnet", so to speak. She thinks you should somehow get the ball rolling to inform ALL of America about the communistic injustice of it all (she's so funny... she gets so gung-ho about stuff). Anyway, I wanted to ask your permission to share your blog w/ her... sometimes getting to see who you are praying for gives you a renewed perspective concerning what you're praying for.

I'll await your response.

BTW: My friends have told me I should write a book (oh, my! where would I begin??) -- girl, if anyone should, YOU should! You writings on your blog have a way of drawing me in and I have to keep reading to find out what's new w/ Sherri! :o) I am sure they do the same for others. Words are powerful -- and I believe it is a gift when you can use them in such a wonderful way in written form. :)

Prayers,

Stephanie

Photobucket