Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Alia and her never ending circle of thoughts

Last night after Alia's bath we were sitting in front of the fire while I fixed her hair. These are always priceless opportunities for her to exercise her delight in talking a hundred miles a minute, pretty much uninterrupted, since by then I'm too exhausted to care.

Out of the blue she started in by saying, "The devil must have had some pretty awful parents to turn out as bad as he did!"

As difficult as it was, I managed to pull myself out of my fatigue just long enough to explain that the devil was a fallen angel that didn't have parents, etc....

Then she said, "Well, was the devil created before people were created then?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Well, no wonder Adam and Eve sinned! God should have known that the devil was going to try to get them to worship him since he wanted just the angels to worship him so badly! The only thing I can't figure out is why he would turn himself into a talking snake! And Eve fell for it! The whole world wouldn't be bad if the devil hadn't started it!"

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Truer words were never spoken. What a sweetie.

Amanda said...

Out of the mouth(es) of babes. What innocent insight!

Photobucket