Well, our Christmas program is finally over. I have been telling my family for the last two weeks that they couldn't be sick until after the program. Although we've had a few minor illnesses this past week, Josh and I managed to avoid sickness. Praise the LORD!
Apparently, they all took me at my word though.
This evening right before the program Jordan came down with an earache. I treated it as well as I could with warm garlic and mullein oil and a piece of cotton as we were walking out the door. Later my mom told me he cried through most of the service, and they ended up giving him Tylenol.
We had to wake the younger four up to go to church, and we got to listen to a chorus of coughing all the way there.
It's 2:30 a.m. right now. I'm up with Jordan, but Josh is having difficulty sleeping due to a sore throat, and the rest of the kids are taking turns waking each other up with cruddy coughs.
I've done everything I know to do for Jordan: Similison Earache relief drops, Wonder Balm, chamomile tea, a heat compress, M.M.S., and ultimately more tylenol...
because I'm that desperate for sleep.
He wanted me to stay up until he fell asleep because he didn't want to have to go all the way downstairs to wake me up again. (He makes me laugh.) :) So here I sit.
This conversation took place a few minutes ago:
Jordan: (quietly moaning and crying) " I wish it were morning."
A few minutes later....Repeat.
Repeat again.
Repeat again.
Me finally: "Why do you keep saying that? The sun coming up won't magically make the pain go away, ya know."
Jordan: (reluctantly) "Well, if it was morning, (crying intensifies) then, then, maybe Grammie could come over!" (Full blown sobbing quietly ensues.)
Me: (laughing) "WHY? Am I not taking good enough care of you?"
Jordan: (still quietly crying big crocodile tears) "Yes. No. I don't know! Grammie just makes everything all better!"
Oh well! He can't say I didn't try. LOL :)
(You just watch....Tomorrow my mom's going to call me and say, "Why didn't you call me? I would have been there in a heartbeat!" She's almost too wonderful to be real. (hearts inserted here) I don't know what we'd do without her!

3 comments:
Tell Jordan that we will be praying for him, and the rest of the family.
I hope that you get some sleep, too. Josh is off today?
Call me when you are up and about.
Mind if I point out one thing?
YOU didn't get laryngitis(sp?) this year! Praise the Lord.
The performance was wonderful. You (and Josh)did great! It was hard not to clap on your solo! What a wonderful song! I look pretty excited for 8:00 in the morning. Look at all of those exclimation points. :) Love ya! Merry Christmas!
sounds like a wonderful Christmas! We have the same thing in this house but we were fortunate to get it the day after Christmas. Hope all is better soon.
sounds like a wonderful Christmas! We have the same thing in this house but we were fortunate to get it the day after Christmas. Hope all is better soon.
Post a Comment