
I made these wonderful, melt in your mouth, almost too good to be true cinnamon rolls while all my kids were at my mom's house Friday and Saturday. We had made the sugar cookies together earlier in the week and that was enough of making hard work harder for me. :) It was wonderful to be able to relax and bake to my heart's content with no children to contend with. I don't mind so much having them help me with the everyday things that need to be done, but extra things end up being not at all worth it.
I think it's called "conditioning". ;)
It took approximately five hours from start to finish; the most complicated cinnamon roll recipe I have ever seen to be honest, but boy, oh boy, were they worth it! Josh and I savored every bite of the decadence, and washed it down with his special homemade cappuccino on Saturday morning. It was heavenly. I securely wrapped the remaining rolls, and had them all ready to give away to seven blessed families come Sunday morning.
Then the kids came home, and within an hour, this is what we found...
No,no,no,no, NO! (insert whimpering here)
Yep, somebody... in all probability more than one somebody...went along and licked icing off of at least one roll in each container, leaving the rest exposed to the air. Yuck. And GRRRRR.
Maybe in another five years, or so, I'll try again. Hopefully, you all can wait that long. :( In the meantime, you really should try this recipe. I don't think I've ever had better cinnamon rolls. Simply sinfully delicious. :)
Oh, and be sure to enjoy them enough for my kids, too. They won't be seeing another cinnamon roll again in the foreseeable future.
Ever, if I can help it.

2 comments:
They are beautiful! Sorry for ANOTHER one of these incidents! It's the thought that counts, right?
I think I am going to try these on Wednesday afternoon. I am going to work on Cheyenne's duvet cover tomorrow while Johnny's mom watches the kids for me. Hopefully I will get it done!!
Post a Comment