I can attest to this. I love how they stress the most common ones. :) I wish there was some way to get all the incredulous stares into this. That would be classic. LOL Very cute and creative.
Oh, too cute {and true -- not that I hear it personally yet, lol, but we do get plenty of comments when we mention wanting to have a big family and we only have one (with one on the way)}!
Thanks for the comment Arlene. I've been meaning to comment and congratulate you via your blog, but kept putting it off. Sorry. :( I'm really excited for you!
My favorite part of this is the response to "Do you know what causes it?" I've wanted to say "Yes, and we like it," too!!! :) So funny. :)
I LOVE your song!!!! What a great response to the questions of strangers! We aren't blessed with lots of children, but our three Chinese children do illicit all sorts of nosy questions from strangers (most common is: "Are they REALLY siblings?"...does it occur to folks how insulting that question is, particularly in front of my children? Of course they are REALLY siblings, just like they are REALLY my children and what difference does it make to ferret out whether or not they actually share genes in common?...and why must that fact be paraded out for total strangers, anyway? How am I suppose to answer, "No, they aren't really brother and sisters"? I silently grit my teeth as I paste on my sweetest smile and reply, "My children were born in JiangXi, China; AnHui, China; and Taiwan...and they certainly are brother and sisters.")
I am so impressed with what a humorous way you found of responding to your many questions from strangers! The video was so sweet that I had to replay it for my husband and he chuckled as warmly as I had.
...Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year!
3 comments:
Oh, too cute {and true -- not that I hear it personally yet, lol, but we do get plenty of comments when we mention wanting to have a big family and we only have one (with one on the way)}!
Thanks for the comment Arlene. I've been meaning to comment and congratulate you via your blog, but kept putting it off. Sorry.
:( I'm really excited for you!
My favorite part of this is the response to "Do you know what causes it?" I've wanted to say "Yes, and we like it," too!!! :) So funny. :)
I LOVE your song!!!! What a great response to the questions of strangers! We aren't blessed with lots of children, but our three Chinese children do illicit all sorts of nosy questions from strangers (most common is: "Are they REALLY siblings?"...does it occur to folks how insulting that question is, particularly in front of my children? Of course they are REALLY siblings, just like they are REALLY my children and what difference does it make to ferret out whether or not they actually share genes in common?...and why must that fact be paraded out for total strangers, anyway? How am I suppose to answer, "No, they aren't really brother and sisters"? I silently grit my teeth as I paste on my sweetest smile and reply, "My children were born in JiangXi, China; AnHui, China; and Taiwan...and they certainly are brother and sisters.")
I am so impressed with what a humorous way you found of responding to your many questions from strangers! The video was so sweet that I had to replay it for my husband and he chuckled as warmly as I had.
...Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year!
Post a Comment