Yesterday, against our better judgement, as we had lots of work to do, we went shopping for a cheap, old truck to replace the one we sold. We saw several possibilities and made two offers that weren't accepted. We're in no hurry, and the plan is to hold out for an excellent deal. One of the offers that Josh made was on a '79 Ford Ranger Lariat extended cab. It's the most hideous green color you've ever seen. I wasn't too excited about the idea, and totally thought Josh HAD to be joking. Nope. He's completely serious. All he can think about is how badly he wants this truck. It was parked in the very back of a car lot with no price on it yet. They told Josh to make them an offer, and they'd go from there. He wanted to offer $1000, but I about fell over, so he lowered it to $800. (Still way too much IMO). They counter offered for $1200, and then tried to distract us with a '92 that had just come in. We're pretty sure they'll take $800 if Josh calls them back and offers again. My grandpa has one very much like it, and it reminds me of an older man driving around his farm taking swigs from a dingy jug of whiskey. This is the only picture I could find that resembles it although the one we're looking at is infinitely worse looking due to the puky color and extended cab. It's like the one in the back without the bed. It will at least give you an idea. I need feedback people! :) Do you think this thing is just a hunk of junk, as I do, or is it as super cool as Josh thinks? He wants male and female opinions so please get your husband's input too! Thanks.

P.S. If we do get it I told Josh I'm going to name it the Hideous Green Beast, and it has a slight oil leak so it will get the parking place of honor; the side of the road in front of our house next to the lilac bushes where everyone will be able to see it from a mile away, and it will be the first thing people notice about our home when they drive by. Just lovely.
7 comments:
Well, Johnny likes the one in the photo. I too, like older trucks! Sorry!! LOL I'm not real sure about a Puke Green color, but older trucks are definitely 'nice' in our opinion.
The one in the picture isn't *so* bad. I'm not sure about puke green, though. But, if you want to spend as little as possible, I guess there aren't that many options. Tim's at work. I'll have to ask him when he gets home.
~Rebecca
Oh, and in all honesty... DAVE RAMSEY would be SOOOO proud!!!
I ditto Rebecca's comment, only I would definitely say "yuck" about the color--especially if you are not in a big hurry.
The things that look bad, run the best. And the things that look good run the worst.
I am both sided on this one.
That's very strange. I didn't delete your first comment, Jessica. It just posted that way for some reason. Sorry about that.
Post a Comment