I saw this meme on It Coulda Been Worse and thought it would be a fun thing to try. I'm not sure I can come up with seven, but here goes:
1. I can read the same books over and over again and never get tired of them. Apparently I don't retain a whole lot. LOL I think I do, but I always come away with new information. I think my mind just reaches a point where it just can't absorb anymore, and what's left to read just skims the surface and never absorbs. I'm familiar with it, but I don't really KNOW it yet. Know it as in being able to coherently communicate it to others.
2. I can watch the same movies over and over again, and laugh just as much the 100th time as the first. Josh thinks I'm crazy. He can only watch a movie once, and most of the time he feels like he wasted his life in doing so.
3. I too stack my dishes according to a color pattern when I put them away. I have brown and blue, and they have to be alternated. If they're not, I have to fix them right away.
4. I play with my hair when I'm bored, worried, scared, or upset. Josh always says that if I'm in a nursing home some day, he'll always be able to recognize me because I'll be the only one there playing with my hair. I don't usually realize I'm doing it, which is embarrassing, but it is strangely comforting to me.
Wow, I've only done 4. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
5. This is one ya'll already know, but having a garden makes me crazy.
6. I cannot take tests. I clam up, and can't remember a thing. My last semester at Fairhaven, they switched to essay tests. Everything learned had to be noted in outline form, memorized, and then rewritten in essay form without any questions or hints. Just a blank sheet of paper and one question written up on the board. I always received a ten or less. After four of these tests, my teachers said that I would be allowed to memorize someone else's perfect test, and then try. Josh was that perfect person. I had two weeks from the time he took his test till I took mine, and if he didn't get a 100 I wouldn't either. He always did. This is actually how we met. :)
7. I can memorize fairly easily, but only remember it for a very limited time. People would say, "well then you didn't really memorize it then". Ummm, yes, I did, thanks. I kid you not, I remember NOTHING from my classes at Fairhaven that required these tests. I didn't think I'd survive the stress.
What about you? Maybe it will be easier for you to come up with seven things than it was for me. I'm probably just so used to my wierdness, that it doesn't register as weird anymore. I'm officially tagging Amy, Rebecca, Jessica, and Jennifer (when she gets her computer up and running again). Have fun!

1 comment:
You forgot the fact that YOU HAVE FIVE KIDS!! Now, THAT'S pretty weird, dontcha think?!! Just kidding. I love each one of them as if they were my own. I'm glad they're not, but I love them just the same!! LOL You know I'm kidding. I would take them in a heartbeat!
Post a Comment