Every tree that we can see from our windows finally has full-blown leaves. It is so beautiful. I especially like this time of year when it looks like summer, but it's still cool and crisp out. During even upper 70 degree weather the upstairs of our house feels like an inferno. Josh got lots of yard work done again this weekend even though it was rainy. The garden is pretty much done. Just a few more peppers and broccoli left to plant. We should have an abundance of tomatoes, potatoes, peas, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, green beans, honeydew, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, corn, yellow onions, white onions, garlic, and carrots. I have herbs and mint mixtures in pots for teas and stuff. That's the extent of my gardening for the year so far. Next year we should have asparagus as well.
I stayed inside with the kids since they've all come down with pink-eye. They also have croupy coughs and earaches so I'm wondering if it isn't just a cold that they have in their eyes too. Isaac is finally looking good again, but he still has the cough. Nathan looks horrible. Alia and Dillon have it, but it doesn't seem to be so bad for them other than the earaches. Yesterday was a quiet day, and I so wanted to go to church. Most of the time I really enjoy staying at home, but when I'm stuck here even on the few occasions that I would be able to get out, I start to get stir crazy. I have a chiropractic appointment today and my friend from church finally has some goat milk ready so I'll probably go pick that up. Isaac should start plumping up good here pretty soon from all the goat milk goodness he'll be getting. I'm so excited!
School is almost finished for the year. We just have a few tests to catch up on before we can begin our summer break. I'm already not looking forward to next year. Alia will officially be schooling too, and Dillon will be more earnestly doing preschool and some kindergarten. My prayer is that I can find something good and easy and ANYTHING other than A Beka. I don't think there could possibly be a worse curriculum out there anywhere for homeschoolers who don't want classroom situation homeschooling. Please, any and all feedback on good curriculum is welcome. Josh doesn't like BJU and A.C.E., and I don't like Rod and Staff, but anything other than that I'm game for. Especially if it's cheap. :)
Please pray for my mom and dad. They are going through some really tough things right now, and we all covet your prayers. Above all else pray that they will have peace, faith, and courage to stand strong. I don't know of two other people on earth that I admire half so much. I love you both! {{Hugs and Kisses}}

4 comments:
Have you looked into Landmark? A friend of mine uses their curriculum and she loves it. I haven't seen it in person, but you could probably go to their website and request a catalog. (Just copy and paste this if it doesn't add a link automatically).
http://www.landmarkbaptistchurch.org/modules/lfbc/htmls/
Also, did you get the message I left on your meebo thingamajig?
~Rebecca
Love the picture. Nothing like the promises of God to get you through!
I also like how you refer to your goat milk person as a 'friend'! Yeah, whatever! LOL
Love you mom and dad!! Stay strong. 'He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater!' MWAH!!
Got your email --
My meebo message was about your blinkies. You can try two things.
First, make sure you are saving them as .gif files. A .gif is what makes the blinkie animated. If you are saving them as .jpgs they will not blink. If that works, great! If they still won't blink clean out your temporary internet files and/or your cache. That should do the trick.
Hope that helps.
Also, I forgot to say that I love the picture you posted! :)
~Rebecca
I got several pictures of this double rainbow. We see these all the time out here. I've almost started to take it for granted. It's really unusual in that we could see the entire arch from beginning to end. I have no idea where Jordan heard this, but he asked if we could go exploring to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. LOL It looks to me like it ends in their playset so he wouldn't have far to go. Thanks for the comments.
Post a Comment