Friday, May 25, 2007

Be Warned: This Is A Rant

If you or anyone you know are considering buying a household appliance from Sears.....DON'T!!!!!!! Josh and I bought a Maytag Neptune washer and dryer, a Kenmore refrigerator, a Kenmore stove, and a Kenmore dishwasher, and have more problems with them than they are worth. I won't bore you with all of the details. I will just say that their customer service absolutely stinks. Each time we have a problem (which is on a monthly basis) we have to wait two weeks for the technician to show up, and usually two additional weeks for parts to arrive before it is fixed. We have extended service on our dishwasher, (Praise The Lord!) but we have been without a dishwasher three and a half of the last seven months. I cannot tell you how many countless hours I have spent on hold trying to schedule and reschedule appointments. It could easily be a part-time job. I have totally had it! It truly is easier for me to do the dishes by hand in the first place than it is to load the dishwasher, attempt to run the cycle, have the dishes come out dirty, unload the dishwasher, wash the dishes by hand, dry and then put them away.

I just got off the phone with the "resolution team" (insert scoffing here) I don't qualify for a replacement because I purchased the protection agreement. Granted I'm not paying extra for all the parts, but they are paying for the parts and the repair service each time I have to call, and I'm having to deal with the inconvenience. How is that helping anyone when it would logically be cheaper just to buy a new one? They tried to lead me to believe that if I hadn't purchased the repair agreement that they probably would have replaced the dishwasher by now. Seriously. Who do they think they are kidding? The only way they will replace the dishwasher at this point is if a technician comes and either deems that fixing it will cost more than $500 for that ONE visit, or that it isn't fixable at all. If I were paying for all the parts it has required, I would have probably paid more than $700 by now. It's obviously cheaper for them without the mark-up, but still. No one part costs more than $500 on the whole dishwasher so they will never have to replace it under the agreement. Don't you just love it when you realize that people are less than honest with you?

So please, whatever you do, do NOT purchase stuff from Sears. It is over-priced, over-advertised, and renamed J.U.N.K. Tell your friends, have them tell their friends, and save them the hassle and headache of forking over too much money for things that won't work anyway.

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

You all have the worst luck with dishwashers!! I have NEVER EVER had trouble with any of mine, even the one you gave us cause it didn't work! LOL

I must say, though, that Sears really isn't that customer friendly. I do, however, LOVE my washer and dryer. Well, the washer anyway! The dryer doesn't always dry, but Johnny thinks it's cause it's not getting the ventilation it needs? I don't know.

Sorry you're having so much trouble. It might be better just to look in the paper, at this point, and buy a used one.

Sherri said...

I probably wouldn't be AS upset if they hadn't come to fix it yesterday, and left with it still broken. Now I have to wait an ADDITIONAL two weeks for someone to come out and really fix it. This is the second time I've been without it for six weeks in a row. GRRRRR!

Photobucket