Friday, September 15, 2006

What Will They Think Of Next???

Whenever my children do or say something funny, I always think, "I've got to remember to write that one down. I don't think I'll forget it, but...." and then I forget to write it down. I've been trying to remember some things that each one of them have done, and so far I have only been able to come up with a few, but I'm determinded to record them this time!

I'll start with Jordan. He is a character for sure! Especially when he is around Grammy and Poppa. Mercy they can be silly!! But they have SO much fun. I'm so thankful that they have my mom and dad because most of the time I'm too busy to be goofy with them, and they definitely need that. I can't remember exactly what happened, but Jordan was trying to tell my dad something about his eyebrows one day, and he couldn't think of the word "eyebrow" so he said "eye mustache". It was really funny at the time.

He also started something quite innocently one day when I asked him to say "excuse me, please". He said, "But Mom, I didn't burp out my mouth, I burped out my bottom!" ROFLOL Now it doesn't matter which end it comes out of, they all say, "excuse me, please. I burped."

AliaBeth didn't start talking until she was almost four, and it always amazes me how she interprets things that she hears. Josh and I were practicing the hymn "Throw Out The Lifeline" the other night, and on the way to church Alia was singing her version; "Throw out the pipeline, throw out the pipeline, some soul is speeding away". I'm not sure what her train of thought was exactly to come up with that, but to her pipeline=gas=car=speeding, I guess. Daddy works for the pipeline, and she has NO idea what a lifeline is. An understandable misunderstanding from her perspective.

Just the other day Dillon (3) came up to me, and very thoughtfully said, "Mommy, do you remember when I was an Indian?" I said, "Remember when you were a what??" He said, "You know, Mommy. A long time ago, when I was big, I was an Indian." Just as serious as he could possibly be. The next day when I asked him about it again, he didn't even remember having said that. Very weird.

One day when Dillon had just turned two, he came up to me and put his chubby hands on either side of my face, and put his nose really close to mine, and said, "Mommy, I wub you." Just very matter of fact. It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

No comments:

Photobucket