Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Say You're Sorry

When it rains, it pours. Our washing machine hasn't been working quite right for about a year now, but the problem is more an inconvenience than anything. It gets the clothes clean and that's the important thing. Our dishwasher, however, is not getting the dishes clean and we bought it brand new a year ago. I had someone come out to look at it yesterday, and apparently our water heater and water softener are the problem. We just bought a new range too because the other one, although it's beautiful, isn't functional. Ahhh, the joys of homeownership.

Josh and I were trying to figure out the problem with the water heater last night, and the kids were playing upstairs. We heard one cry followed by another in short succession, and then two little boys were scurrying down the stairs to "tell". It was Dillon (3) and Nathan (19 months). Josh said, "What is going on here?" Dillon and Nathan both pointed at each other at the same time. Dillon said Nathan bit him and all Nathan kept saying was "Owie", and pointing at Dillon. They both had a defense stance as they stood in front of Josh, and I thought, "Nathan can't even talk yet, but he knows he's in trouble, and sure has the blame game down pat." Of course, Josh and I have no idea what really happened so he just told them to say they were sorry and give hugs and kisses. A second before they had been fighting with each other, but once they knew they were in trouble, they were instantly united. I've never seen two boys go to hug each other in such a hurry. LOL Josh told them to go play nicely, and they ran off again to play like everything was just right with the world. If only all our problems were so easily solved. :~)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri,
I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy catching up on your life this way. It's a nice way to "get out of the house" for you isn't it? Sorry it took so long for me to get here, but...you know how it is! We're remodeling our kitchen. Talk to you soon, possibly when things slow down, but hopefully before that!

Photobucket