All of my kids love their daddy, but especially the boys as babies. I'm not sure exactly what it is that gets them so excited, but starting at about one month old, they would get their arms and legs pumping, and start cooing to get his attention as soon as they heard his voice. Isaac is three months old now and his daddy is without a doubt his favorite person in the whole world. If Aunty Amy was here it would probably be a pretty stiff competition though. Isaac smiled for her when he was one day old. A REAL smile too, not just gas like people say, and she was the only person he would smile for until she left about a week after he was born.
Last night Josh was talking to me while I was holding Isaac, and he kept trying to get Daddy's attention by smiling really big, cooing, laughing, waving his arms, and kicking. Of course, Josh started talking to him, and reached out to take him from me. Isaac was thrilled!
Josh likes to play patty cake with all the babies, and without fail, whenever he gets to "as fast as you can" they all giggle and squeal. Isaac is no exception. It's so adorable, and they won't do it for me!
They got tired of patty cake after awhile, so Josh started singing him a bedtime song, "Go nigh-night, Isaac". Isaac was "singing" with him by cooing in a way that I just absolutely love! Dillon is the only other one who cooed like that, and I would always tell him Mommy would never forget it. I'm so glad Isaac does it too! Nothing in the world can make me cry and laugh instantaneously like that coo. Isaac put a new spin on it last night though, and I laughed so hard I cried.
Whenever Josh would get to "it's time to go to sleep" Isaac's bottom lip would start to stick out and he looked like he didn't know whether he should laugh or cry. The whole time he was cooing right along with Josh's singing, but it was by far the cutest when that bottom lip was protruding. Josh had a hard time not laughing, but he didn't want to distract Isaac because we wanted to see how many times he would do it. He was pretty consistent. Our kids are truly our best entertainment!

1 comment:
I know for a FACT that I would be his VERY favorite if I was there!! HANDS DOWN!! LOL
Post a Comment