I'm not usually at a loss for things to do, and this week I have an even more packed agenda.
Last Thursday a lady truck driver that Josh knows from work was in an accident in her propane truck. Somehow the trailer broke off from the front of the semi, and flipped the entire thing over. She ended up walking through the propane to get away from it in case it ignited, and has severe freezer burns on her feet and stitches in a gash on her head, but is otherwise alright. She and her husband live near us, and are always sending candy home with Josh for the kids, and giving us fresh produce from their garden. At the moment she has plenty of help, but later on this week I'm going to be taking a meal over to them. I'm pretty sure they aren't saved so I'm praying for an opportunity to talk to her about the Lord.
Friday evening we went to our local Home Improvement Show. I usually sign up for as many things as I can with five kids in tow. I only signed up for three this time, but I actually won one! I have a choice of either $500 in groceries from any store that I choose, or a three day, two night minivacation to one of 23 resorts in the U.S. I think I'm going to take the groceries. :o)
Recently, my dad and Jordan signed up to win a mini fourwheeler at an auto parts store and won, so now Jordan thinks that when you sign up for things you automatically win. ROFLOL Today he kept asking me when the people were going to be calling us to come pick up our prizes. HA HA! It's either complete naivete or strong faith! :~)
Most of the people at our new church are going to special meetings in Colorado this week so our Pastor asked Josh to lead the singing, and me to play the piano for the midweek service. I'm really looking forward to it. They have a beautiful Yamaha grand piano, and I can harldy wait to get my hands on it.
All this in addition to my regular jam packed schedule of homeschooling, mothering, housekeeping, and cooking for my own family. Phew! I need to get prayed up!

No comments:
Post a Comment