This month has been very busy. So busy, in fact, that I can hardly remember what I've been doing! LOL
My mom and dad got back from visiting my sister in Tennessee for a few weeks. I missed them so much! They came straight here to pick up there mail and drop some stuff off and they ended up taking Nathan home with them. We had a house warming party to go to the next day, and it was so nice to have one less child to keep track of.
Today after church we went to pick Nathan up, and my mom gave Josh an ionic foot cleanse. While they were busy with that Jordan was wrapping my dad up with one of those long brown bandages. When he got to my dad's head Josh said, "Don't cover up Poppa's eyes". And Jordan said, "I won't! If I cover up his eyes he will suffocate!" He had already wrapped up his nose and mouth, but was concerned about his eyes. ROFLOL
Josh is leaving tomorrow for Oklahoma City for technician training. He will be gone until Friday. Then in October he is going to Pennsylvania for a week and wants me to go with him! I'm so glad. I think it will be a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get to see a friend from college that I haven't seen for too many years to remember. Stephanie lives in Maryland, and even though Eerie, Pennsylavia is a ways away from her home, it's much closer than Montana. I hope it works out. We're planning on taking Isaac, Jordan, and Alia since they have a huge water park attached to the motel we'll be staying at. Nathan will be staying with my parents, and Josh's mom and dad asked to have their "teddy bear boy" stay with them. They said this was the one thing they wanted us to do for them before they die. LOL We'll have to see. Dillon's still pretty little. I don't know how he'd do all by himself for a week. We'll just be there for the night on the way there and on the way back, and I'm afraid he'll end up thinking that we abandoned him or something.
We've had some weird things happening at our church lately. A few months ago our pastor apparently had received some threatening phone calls. Then about a month ago, some kids vandalized one of our buses. This past week someone mailed some white powder in an envelope to the probation office here in Billings and to a few other businesses, and they put the church's address as the return address. That caused the whole downtown of Billings to shut down for several hours, and Wednesday night before the evening service a police officer was waiting for pastor to arrive so he could question him. No one has any idea who is instigating all these things, or what will happen next. We're all committing the matter to the Lord.
Dillon is really worried about his Daddy tonight. He said, "I hope Daddy doesn't get dead." I said, "why would Daddy be dead?" He said, "Because he's WAY up in the air!" There was a long pause and then he said, "I hope he gets to see Jesus while he's up there". : ) He makes me laugh.
The kids start Patch the Pirate Club on Wednesday nights at our church starting next week. They aren't really looking forward to it, mainly because they have to get up and sing in front of the whole church once a month, but it will be good for them.
I'm reading Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover again. I need to remind myself often how badly I want to get completely out of debt, including our house, and stay out. One of Dave's "people" calls me at least once a week asking me if I'm going to start Financial Peace University at our church. With taking care of all the little ones, homeschooling, church at least three times a week, and just thinking about the commitments I've made to sing, and help out in other areas at church, I feel like I need a year long vacation sometimes. Josh and I filled in for the song service a few weeks ago, and I wasn't even a little bit nervous about playing the piano beforehand. But although the piano is beautiful, it's much different than the one I've been playing for the last twelve years with a much firmer touch, and needless to say, it didn't go as well as I thought. It's like my fingers were betraying me or something. At home I can play hymns with absolutely no problem at all, but now I'm nervous about filling in at church. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to practice on it sometime soon. Again, I find myself remembering that His grace is sufficient. He doesn't ask for perfection just willingness. That's hard for me to accept though. Especially when I know I can do better!
I'm really looking forward to the month of October. Isaac is changing so much every week, almost every day, and I find myself wondering what he's going to do next so soon. He's so big for almost four months. I'm with him all the time, but I feel like I miss him being little already and he's still so little! That will only make sense to other mothers for sure. I honestly don't know how some mothers can leave their children in the care of strangers. I miss my kids when they're sleeping! Don't get me wrong though; I'm all for an occasional break. : D And oh so thankful that my parents are close by and willing to help out often. Surely there's a special reward in heaven for such great parents. Or maybe part of the reward is here on earth in being able to enjoy the kids for awhile and then sending them home when they get tired of them. ROFLOL At any rate, I don't know what I'd do without them. Thank you both ever so much!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment