As you all have probably noticed, I've been experimenting with my blog.
Again.
Still.
Whatever.
I have gotten some feedback via email which, I must say, has helped tremendously in my search for something pretty and new. My favorite look was one that featured hearts and butterflies, but I was unabashedly informed by a reliable source that the sides of my page, which looked like the top half of two hearts to me, looked like either two sets of boobs in bikini tops, or two sets of bottoms outlined on the sides of the page, to her. Nice. Although I hadn't seen it, and probably never would have if it hadn't been pointed out, in the days following I couldn't look at my page without noticing the aforementioned body parts.
".....the eye of the beholder" blah, blah, blah.
It had to go.
So now I'm asking for more feedback. Is there anything else I may not have seen that could use some more thought? Is it too flashy? Do the header and the background match sufficiently? Does my signature need to be a different color? Are there any other not so obvious, but potentially embarrassing objects that need to be tended to?
Any and all input would be very much appreciated.

8 comments:
Very nice, Sherri.. It's very elegant.
I think the other one was prettier, but what does my opinion matter anyway!!! LOL I love your signature and your header. I think I'll post that on my facebook status.
Very nice! I was bursting out laughing at what you wrote. It killed Aaron's curiosity and he had to come read.
Anyways, it is very elegant.
Your comment about our bus ministry was encouraging. The devil has fought trying to get this started the whole time. It makes it all the more exciting to know he will be defeated!!
It is very nice! I love your signature at the end of each post...it's a nice touch. :)
The only suggestion I have is maybe not playing music? I know that's so hard because it's fun to play different songs, but for me it's hard to read at the same time that music is playing. I want to concentrate on the song and not the words that I'm reading. It's probably just my ADD! LOL
Rebecca
I appreciate you all taking the time to leave comments and tell me what you think!
Jessica~ It was good to hear from you. I hope everything is still going okay. I continue to pray, and have missed your updates.
Amy~ I thought the other one was prettier, too. Until SOMEBODY had to go and ruin it for me. :) After that I had to do some fancy mixing and matching to come up with something even remotely workable.
Chris ~ I'm glad you got a laugh out of this. I was sitting in church last night and actually blushed when I remembered certain people that read my blog. I wanted nothing more than to run home and take this post down right away. I couldn't stop squirming. It's amazing the things the devil uses to distract us during preaching. By the time I got home, I was too tired to care.
When I saw your comment, I was glad I had left it up. It brightened my day that you laughed!
Rebecca ~
Thanks for the input! :) I forget that I have music on here. Our computer is wired into our sound system so I have to get up to turn it on if I want to watch a video or something. Every time I happen to hear it when I get on my page it irritates me, too!
I'm liking your new blog look so far BTW. Can't wait to see the finished product. :)
I really did like the other one, although this one is pretty, too. The "body parts" look escaped me when I saw it, though. ;) Anyway, I'd really like to see you come up with something in scrapblog for a header. Did you notice that I got rid of those offset lines around my header? I took the tip from the cutest blog site; I knew there had to be a way! Maybe I will delve into some of those other tips as you have sometime.
Well, I currently see nothing on your blog's layout, so I'm guessing you took it all down to start from scratch?
For what it's worth, I never noticed any body parts on your blog, LOL!
After reading your blog for something like 2 years...this background is sooo Retro ;-) LOL
I am glad that you have some color back to your blog! I hope that you have decompressed some now that you have some of your html working.
Love Ya!
Post a Comment