Being the lover of books that I am, it follows that I might just want to give one, or two....or maybe even three away.But the book I'm about to give away today isn't one of my choosing. It isn't even necessarily one of my favorites although I do like it very much. Whatever His reasons, the Lord has impressed this idea on my heart, and after much internal debate and prayerful consideration, I find I'm simply compelled to do it.
It's a woman's devotional called "A Heart Devoted" compiled by Patty Albert. Minister's wives from across the country have contributed including a few that are familiar to me like Jeanine Baldwin, former nurse to Mrs. Tom Williams from Belgrade, MT; Terrie Chappell from Lancaster Baptist Church, Lancaster, CA; Jessica Marshall of "The John Marshall Family"; and Donna Morse of Bozeman, MT who happens to also be the mother of the one young wife currently in our Young Couple's class.
The devotionals are short and very easy to read. The opposing page includes the scripture, song, and thought of the day, as well as recommended reading for getting through your Bible in a year. The simple format even includes space for journaling, jotting down prayer requests, and a "Notes" section that I like to use for keeping track of answered prayer. The bottom of each page lists the date so it is easy to navigate. I think my favorite feature though is the nice big ring binder that allows it to effortlessly lay open.
To enter this give-away, simply leave a comment and share some of your favorite sacred or classical music cd's or groups that have been a particular blessing to you. I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for good music to bless my family with.
I look forward to hearing from you all. The more the merrier!

10 comments:
I love this book and used it about two years ago. My pastor's wife has a page or two in it. She went to school, I believe, with Patty Albert. I guess she is compiling another one, as well. I was just thinking about going through it again!
You have all of the CDs that I want, so I'm not much help there. I do have one that I listen to over and over. We Believe by Hyles Anderson College. The song, Even in the Valley, is my absolute favorite and I cry every. single. time I listen to it.
MINE TOO!!! I'd give anything to get my hands on the music. The Songs of Praise group is my favorite from there. I can always tell when they are the group singing.
I already have this devotional, but as far as Music goes. I am absolutely in love with the Our Daily Bread CD's that I blogged about recently. Otherwise, I don't have much in the way of music other than the Hyles Anderson CD's that I have. Have fun with your give away!
Ooo~I like give-aways! ;) One of my favorite cd's is "Well Done" by the Berean Baptist men's group as a tribute to the late Pastor Mark Short and his ministry. Since I had a copy of my own and then gave one to Mark when we were dating, we have one for the car and one for the house. :)
Wendy told me about that when I went to see her several years ago. I think we listened to it whenever we rode in her mom's van. Do you have any idea how I could find a copy?
Hello! One CD that I just love to play in the morning is "Quiet Moments with Christ," by Cary Schmidt. It is filled with his piano arrangements which just flood your soul with encouragement! My other fav is "Symphony of Praise" by Linda Makecknie (sp?)This was the first tape I bought as a bus kid wanting to listen to the right kind of music, so it has many memories attached to it, and I LOVE her arrangements. Anywhoo hope this helps ya! Just posted about the Lord prompting ME too!! Wonderful that He loves us enough to use us, huh???
My favorite song is "God Will Provide" not sure who wrote it, I am still trying to find the sheet music.
West Coast has a lot of CD's that I love. My favorite right now is "Come Home"
Another favorite is "commited Quartet" from Hyles
Sherri ~ I bought both of our cd's from the bookstore at Fairhaven. But, you could probably go to Berean's web site and use their contact information to find out about getting a copy.
Post a Comment