pri·or·i·ty [prahy-awr-i-tee,] noun, plural -ties for 2–4.1. the state or quality of being earlier in time, occurrence, etc.
2. the right to precede others in order, rank, privilege, etc.; precedence.
3. the right to take precedence in obtaining certain supplies, services, facilities, etc., esp. during a shortage.
4. something given special attention.
–adjective
5. highest or higher in importance, rank, privilege, etc.: a priority task.
Colossians 3:17-25
"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (Notice the very next verse!!!!)
Wives, submit yourselves unto you own husbands, as it is fit in the the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God.
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons."
I here and now rededicate my life first to my Lord and then my family. By the grace of God I will be the best wife and mother that God gives me the ability to be.
Ministry outside of my home will be a very small part of my service to God. My first priority and calling is to be a wife and mother, and I will endeavor to be faithful to that calling above all else as long as I have breath as a living sacrifice to God for all that He is to me and has done for me. My testimony as a wife and mother will be my gage of success or failure in this life. It will be my fulfillment and joy. I will allow nothing less to define me.
I will remember that the most important service to God occurs in the daily activities of home life. I will honor and reverence God by honoring and reverencing my husband. I will serve God by serving my family with a true servant's heart...selflessly and sacrificially. If I struggle with or neglect to do so, I will recognize it as a heart issue that must be immediately remedied, and do so.
I am thankful for the opportunity and privilege of being a wife and a mother. There is no higher calling. By fulfilling my duties in these two areas I am serving Christ. It is all that He requires of me. I will endeavor to do the honor that it is justice.

1 comment:
Good for you. I will be praying for you. What a noble endeavor. It certianly suits you :)
You already are a wonderful wife and mother, it will be great to see what God can do with this rededicated life!
Post a Comment