Monday, September 29, 2008

"Make. My. Day."


Every week for the last month I've thought I couldn't possibly accomplish more in seven days and God has proven me wrong. Again and again.

It's only by His grace, that's for sure.

Yes, there have been times of being extremely overwhelmed with it all, but God has brought the best relief shortly thereafter each and every time.

About 10 a.m. on Friday I had so had enough. Oh. My. Word.

Josh called about that time and we both agreed that we desperately needed some time to relax and do nothing. We had so much to do still before Monday came that we had to force ourselves not to feel guilty or let anxious thoughts creep in.

It was worth it! It was one of the best dates we have ever had. I will never forget it as long as I live. (I'm convinced that was largely due to knowing that our children were well taken care of.....for free. LOL We are so thankful! My mom figured that we owed her about $220 for having fun with her grandbabies at the going rate. :) We owe her far more than that. We will never ever be able to repay her for all that she so willingly, sweetly, and graciously does for us.)

Saturday I got up early and got all my grocery shopping done, and then headed out the door to go soul-winning with Josh; minus five kids! The weather was perfect, and except for one person everyone was so friendly! It must have been some sort of record. Praise the Lord.

Immediately after that we had to practice for singing on Sunday, my mom dropped the kids off at the church, and we headed out to Jack and Kristy's house!

We had the best time! All of us did. Jack made a huge lasagna that was absolutely unbelievable and he didn't measure a thing. I watched him just throw in a little of this, and a little of that. Wow. To be able to cook like that.

And Kristy had the foresight I so often lack and actually took pictures:

Alia's new favorite movie is "Heidi" which she saw for the first time last week, so she enjoyed the goats more than anybody. You can see her delight at milking a goat for real. :)

Jordan was excited to try it because Josh has told him how to do it so many times.

Dillon didn't want to at first, but was glad he did afterward.

Nathan wasn't crazy about the idea either.

And Isaac, well, we'll just leave the drinking of the milk to him. He guzzles that stuff like there's no tomorrow. He'll even drink it sour. Ugh.

No comments:

Photobucket