Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day

Rocks In My Dryer is hosting a "Labor" Day meme that looked fun. I have thankfully forgotten most of the details, but I'll do my best. :)

How long were you in labors?

Jordan ~ 6 hours total, 1 hour of active labor, 5 minutes of pushing, 3 pushes with the cord wrapped around his neck. 9 lbs. 2 oz.
AliaBeth ~ 12 hours total, 3 hours of active labor, 10 minutes of pushing, 4 pushes with the cord wrapped tightly over her shoulder. 7 lbs.
Angel baby ~ 2 hours.
Dillon ~ 1 week, 4 hours of active labor. He should have been born before midnight. Pat arrived at 1:05 and he was born at 1:15...with the cord wrapped around his neck. 8 lbs.
Nathan ~ 2 weeks, 4 hours of active labor, 5 minutes of pushing, 3 pushes. 6 lbs.
Isaac ~ 3 weeks, 7 hours from the time my water broke to the time of delivery. 2 hours of active labor, 4 or 5 pushes. He had shoulder dystocia. 8 lbs. 5 oz.

How did you know you were in labor?

Jordan ~ bloody show.
Alia ~ She was so low, I was ready for her to fall out any minute. Braxton-Hicks were so bad I couldn't talk. :)
Dillon ~ I didn't. And no one else did either. LOL He's still my easiest child. :)
Nathan ~ I was in pain 24/7 for two weeks straight.
Isaac ~ The pain. My water broke while I was shopping at the mall with my sister.

Where did you deliver?

Jordan ~ at my mom and dad's house.
Alia ~ at my mom and dad's house.
Dillon ~ at our first house.
Nathan ~ at our first house.
Isaac ~ at our current home.

Drugs?

No way, jose. :)

C-section?

Nope.

Who delivered?

My midwife, Kathleen Press, delivered Jordan.
Kathleen's assistant, Pam, delivered Alia.
My midwife, Pat, delivered Dillon, Nathan, and Isaac.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow! i am impressed! NO drugs & midwifes. I would have loved to try a midwife atleast once.

inside the barricks said...

I don't know if that was an encouraging post or not Sherri. I was planning on having an easy labor and delivery with it being my thrid but after reading yours I am not so sure. Aly was 6 hour beginning to end and Kate was 4 hours I was hoping Jax would be 2 hours but now I am not so sure. But glad that you posted this it is fun to find out these things from people.

Lisa said...

amazing!

Photobucket