My kids have all been coming up with the funniest stuff this week. Well, mostly funny. :/
Isaac seems to have started talking in complete sentences overnight. He enunciates pretty well and is quite proud of himself. We were all waving goodbye to the babysitter not too long ago when I heard, "Goodbye, Stepfunny! Thank you! Goodbye!" in a singsong voice. It sounded like Alia. He was as pleased as punch at my surprise. :)
Unfortunately, he's especially good at sassing me. He tried to get away with telling me, "No, I don't wanna." and "Nope, not gonna." That didn't fly. So he resorted back to just saying "No." (very matter-of-factly, I might add), and when that doesn't go over, he'll simply shake his head to further test my resolve.
It's been all out war.
One I haven't lost yet. "Yet" being the key word. I'm too old for this. Ironically, the LORD saved the worst for last when He knows better than anyone how I like to get the worst anything out of the way first.
Never pray for patience. By the time He's done with you, you'll have some and to spare. :)
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if one of these days, after I paddle him and put him on the couch to think about what he's done, he pipes up and says, "I'm sitting down because you're making me, but inside I'm standing up!" He gives me that look at least once a day.
help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dillon was trying to do his schoolwork the other day amidst much chaos from Nathan and Isaac. Eventually, I heard him say under his breath. "My goodness, these kids make me so tired."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was helping Dillon with his reading explaining all the different sounds letters can make. "G's", "C's," and the vowels throw him for a loop every time. He listened intently and patiently, sighed big, and finally said, "Mommy, why do they have to make this so hard?"
As if to say that he could have done it better, and he just doesn't get people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alia was sweeping and I told her to make sure that she didn't miss the corners and underneath the cabinets like last time.
"I amn't."
"You what?"
"I said 'I a-m-n-'t'," she said as if I don't understand English.
"Have you ever heard me use that word?"
"Um, no."
"Where did you get it from then?"
"I don't know. What's the difference between 'amn't' and 'aren't'?"
Wow.
I explained the best I could by saying that it simply isn't a word. I don't know why, it just isn't.
She looked at me skeptically like she was pretty sure I didn't know what I was talking about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today Alia and I made baked cheesy chicken, corn on the cob, and Yogurt Orange Marmalade cake for lunch with her talking nineteen to the dozen the entire time.
"Mommy, when I was little I used to say I wanted 60 kids, do you remember?"
"Mmmm Hmmm."
"Well, I think I've changed my mind now."
"Oh, really? How come?"
"I've just been thinkin' about it, and that's a lot of kids to take care of and keep track of all the time."
"So how many do you think you'll end up having then?" I asked, expecting to hear "none," or "one," or "two," maybe after her experiences with helping take care of Isaac.
"Six or less." she said with such finality, decision, and conviction that I burst out laughing.

1 comment:
Oh, these were too funny! My favorite was what Dillon said under his breath about his brothers. :)
~Stephanie W.
Post a Comment