I've been waking up lately to the pitter-patter of little feet. Only.... "a herd of elephants running through the house" would better describe it.
And we're planning on putting Pergo in where most of the flooring is currently carpet upstairs. Nice. :)
It's usually Isaac running around having a heyday since nobody's up to watch him yet. So I've had to get up and bring him into my bed. Which makes him none too happy.
Yes, we solved one problem only to create another. Such is life with kids. :)
He was being all wiggly the other morning so I put my hand on his tummy and said, "You need to lay still. Mommy is trying to sleep." To which he grumpily replied, "Don't touch me, pweese." I laughed so hard that any remaining hope of reclaiming my ever elusive sleep was gone for good.
I have had people coming and going everyday this week at least once a day to do bids on what we're having done. Monday morning bright and early a sweet lady knocked on my door. I answered it in my pajamas after having been up all night with sick kids. My house literally looked like Hurricane Ike had hit Montana instead of Texas.
First, she had to see me anything but ready to face my day. Before the door was even closed behind her Isaac ran naked from the bathtub to see who was at the door. Nathan's pants were falling down, as usual (the kid has no bottom), and, aside from the general disorder, it appeared that oatmeal that was doused in honey had exploded in my kitchen. It was everywhere; floor, ceiling, walls, table, chairs, stove, sink, even on the fridge and dishwasher. And somebody, whom we won't mention, but whose name starts with an "N", tried to clean it up with a bath towel. Of all things.
I had Jordan take the towel and shake it out the best he could in the garden and had the kitchen shaped up in minutes while the lady did her job and laughed with me over the insanity.
I hate to be sticky. Hate it, hate it, hate it. But there is nothing on the face of the earth worse than waking up and stepping in honey first thing. LOL
Mondays are not good anyway because we're too busy to keep up with the house on the weekends. It's literally "throw and go". I don't know what I was thinking to schedule it for then. It's times like this that I see myself most vividly on the Precious Moments "Praise the Lord Anyhow" poster.
Except for the Praising the Lord part. But I'm working on that. :)
It's just been one of those weeks. Friday I noticed that my clothes were sopping wet when I went to put them from the washer into the dryer, but figured that the kids had just opened the door mid-cycle. It happens. I ran the load again, and everything was great. But every load I did all weekend had to be washed more than once resulting in laundry gradually piling up. I completely forgot about laundry on Monday, so when I went to tackle it yesterday there was a small mountain to scale.
When I opened the washing machine door, water spilled onto the floor. It had been living on borrowed time for too long as it was. Rather than wasting time trying to fix it for the tenth time in ten years, we accepted it's fate.
I am so thankful that what the devil means for evil, God means for good. The washer dying was just one of many, many things that have gone wrong this week and it's only Wednesday. But God knows what it takes to get our attention back to where it needs to be. Everything that happens has a purpose.
It's a test.
So, finally, Josh and I prayed together and committed the purchase to the Lord. After shopping around for the best deal, we found a brand new, functional, practical, bigger capacity washer/dryer set at the last place there was to look. It was comparable in price to just one washing machine we had liked, and, except for the color, was exactly what we were looking for! They didn't have any in stock, but when I explained that I needed a washer like yesterday, he agreed to sell us the floor model at a discount. :) Plus, we'll be able to sell our dryer making it an even better deal!
Why is it that I wait until I can't handle it anymore before I commit things to the Lord? Life would be so much more bearable if I would just be consistent in every area moment by moment. Not only bearable though; it would be a joy.
Imagine that. :)
While we were folding laundry this morning Nathan said, "Mommy, I cwazy wuhv Jesus."
So do I, Little Buddy. So do I.

2 comments:
You need to send that little Tater bug to come see his Auntie! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cwazy wuhv!! Too adorable. I'm glad things worked out for you and you were able to get new machines for you biggest task! Luv ya
Hmmm... My washing machine has been leaking water from underneath for quite some time. Maybe God is preparing to get us a new set??? I can hope, can't I? :)
Post a Comment