It makes me tired, too. :)
Josh and I have been reading through several books in preparation for our new class beginning this coming Sunday. It's been fun. We have discovered many things about each other that help it all to just make sense. But the neatest thing of all is what we have discovered about ourselves.
Talk about a reality check.
Last night we read about the three different types of men: Mr. Command Man, Mr. Visionary, and Mr. Steady. While I was reading about Mr. Visionary, Josh kept interrupting me and having me go back and read parts again, and then he would say with astonishment, "That IS me!" I didn't know I was so.....nuts." ROFLOL
My response?....."thank you!" :)
I had my turn, too, when I reread all the stuff that a wife of a Mr. Visionary should and should not do. This is what? my seventh time through that book? and I still don't "get it". "sigh"
When we were done we went through every man that we could think of in our acquaintance, and very easily labeled them. It was awesome. :)
My primarily Mr. Visionary man has decided to remodel our house. I think our house is just fine the way it is. From my perspective his motto is "If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is" while in his mind it's, "Why leave it the way it is when you can change it?" LOL
He has dreams, and I realized that, ya' know what? it just doesn't matter what I think. It truly will not make one iota of difference to me if we remodel or not. So he can go nuts if he wants to. :) And he really does have great ideas. It's strange, but deep down he really just wants to do this stuff for me. How ungrateful it would make me to scoff at his ideas knowing that.
I think it's the magnitude to which he goes about things that intimidates me most. He does nothing unless it's on a grand scale. Even with this toned down after taking into consideration some of my ideas, it's daunting. My house is going to be in shambles for the next six months. But the end result should be spectacular! :)
On a totally different subject, even my dog is dealing with allergies as we're heading into fall. I have no idea what she got into, but she looked like a bulldog instead of a border collie/Australian shepherd for three days last week. Sorry, but I don't have any recent before pix to show you. She goes berserk when she's sees a camera in my hand. We tried to get a pic for a half an hour this morning since she's better now and I finally just gave up.
These were taken from inside, while she had her eyes closed or was distracted.

1 comment:
I wish we could remodel/refinish our basement. Send your husband here and turn him loose. My husband works too much! :)
Did you make the cookies? What did you think?
Post a Comment