
We celebrated our tenth anniversary this weekend and had so much fun!
We decided to save up our money, stay home, sleep in our own comfy bed, and spend everything we would have put into our gas tank and motels on....whatever. we. wanted!!! It was the best.
Thursday we got a late start because my wonderful mother who had so graciously taken the kids for our extended weekend had a hair appointment first thing in the morning, and Josh had to work on the A/C at church. But we had a fantastic lunch, got a coffee, and shopped a little at Cold Water Creek before Josh had to return to the church and work on the A/C some more.
While he was busy with that I went shopping at a second-hand store and got several things that I can mix and match to make about five new outfits. Everything looked brand new, and the checkout lady said she couldn't believe how many cute things I had found in one trip. Nothing was more than $3.99! Later, Josh met me at home, and we got ready to go to The Windmill for dinner. He had some awesome shrimp and I had ribs. It was so good!
Friday we got up and went to Montana Harvest for breakfast. We enjoyed yummy caramel rolls, cherry popovers, coffee, and juice, and sat and talked for a long time just enjoying each other's company. It was wonderful. We then went across the street to the Copper Colander which was surprisingly fun and interesting. Our landlord from when we were first married worked there, and it was nice to see her again and talk about how much things can change in ten years. :)
Then we went to the mall and spoiled each other absolutely rotten! We both got new clothes, and Josh tirelessly helped me look through racks and racks of shoes. I love Sofft brand shoes. They rarely go on sale, and although there were some that I really liked on sale for once, they didn't have my size. So he bought me some Vera Wang Princess perfume instead! I positively love it!
We came home shortly after that anticipating watching movies and pigging out on junk food when Josh got another call about the A/C at church. We headed back there and he spent about three more hours trying to fix it, while I happily played the grand piano. :) It was fun except for the ever present nervous anticipation of the ladder and Josh coming crashing down into the pews. He kept saying that he could just see the hour of our wedding coming and him falling to his death exactly ten years later. That was not fun. We did end up coming home after picking up gyros for dinner, and enjoying several movies, with ice cream, cookies, and chocolate for dessert. Oh, and we even went on a late night shopping trip to Wal-Mart. Just 'cause we could! :)
When we got up Saturday we had no idea what we were going to do. It ended up being the Grand Finale! The Lord allowed everything to just fall beautifully into place. We hadn't anticipated getting up early, but we both woke up before eight, got ready, threw tennis rackets and balls and our bikes into the back of the truck and headed out. We ended up at Pioneer Park where we had fun playing tennis for about a half an hour before it got too hot. We were going to ride our bikes along the river or up on the Rims, but Josh wanted to ride around the neighborhoods close to the park for awhile since the streets were so shady. I could not believe how much fun that was! The streets were fairly level so it wasn't too much work and it felt like an air conditioner was blowing on us while we rode. All the homes were so quaint and well kept. I can't wait to do it again! :)
Then, in a moment of inspiration, Josh decided to take me to get a smoothie for breakfast. It was so good; almost like having a milk shake for breakfast, but healthy. :) Right next door was a place called In Good Glazes. It was a "Paint Your Own Pottery" shop! Josh wasn't too keen on the idea at first, but it sounded fun, so we decided to try it.
In some ways it was fun, in others, positively painful. I'm sure it took us at least 30 minutes to pick out what we wanted to paint. We eventually decided on a wavy plate that we can put on a plate rack on our mantel. Next, we had to think of something to paint on it. Not. Fun. I am unbelievably handicapped when it comes to creativity. Josh started sketching away on the paper table covers, and came up with some pretty neat ideas. I got the "privilege" of painting all the letters and words on it. There were seriously some moments when I wanted to hurl that plate through the plate glass windows in front of us. But we all (Josh, the plate, and I) survived, and I'm so excited to see the finished product. They have to fire it in the kiln so it won't be ready until Thursday or Friday. If it turns out nice, I might post a picture of it. Maybe. :)
We rode our bikes back to the truck, went to Famous Dave's for lunch, and came home to relax and work on some church stuff for the rest of the afternoon. We ended the day with more movies and junk food, and got to watch a spectacular lightning storm from the safety of our wonderful living room windows. It rivaled the best fireworks display I've ever seen. I'm so thankful for the privilege of serving such a great and mighty God! I felt like a princess all weekend, and the Lord reminded me that I am, after all, a daughter of The King. He is so good to me, and I am so unworthy, but ever so thankful for the gift He gave me when He brought Josh into my life.
Neither of us were quite ready for the weekend to be over, so this morning Josh woke me up early so he could take me to breakfast at Stella's before church. I'm not a breakfast eater, but after this weekend, I think I've been converted. :)
Hopefully, pictures will be forthcoming.

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congrats! I can't believe it has been ten years.
Happy anniversary!
So where are the pix for this post and how did the plate turn out?
Post a Comment