Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Boot Story LOL

I've needed a pair of boots for over a year now. I looked and looked, and have even purchased a few pair that I liked the looks of and thought would work, only to have to return them because wearing them seemed like cruel and unusual punishment.

I am not a shoe person. Not at all. But I have to tell you that when I put these boots on my feet, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Oh my word. They are wonderful. I love all Sofft brand shoes. I'm convinced they were made for my feet.

But they are also very expensive. So much so that when Josh bought them for me in October, I couldn't bring myself to tell people that we had forked over $180. We had the money for them at the time, and it was a genuine need for the frigid Montana winters, but I could not fathom spending that much money on a pair of shoes. I'm pretty sure I've never spent more than half that much on a pair of shoes in my entire life. I asked the sales lady if they ever went on sale, and she said that she has never known the Sofft brand to go on sale because they sell themselves, and there's never a need.

I brought them home, dreamt about them all night long, and woke up the next morning with the knowledge that the Lord wanted me to return them. I simply liked them too much. I could hardly believe that I was experiencing such covetous thoughts. I've never struggled with this before these shoes.

I returned them right away, before I talked myself out of it. And for months after that there were numerous times that I was so thankful that I did! One week later, something came up that required the exact amount of those boots. Obedience always pays, even when it hurts! LOL

Josh really wanted me to have them by my birthday, and kept his eyes open for sales online. He found them for $129.oo, plus shipping, and told me to go to the mall to double check what size I need and then order them right away.

Last Thursday when Amanda and Amy and I were at the mall, Amy said that she had seen them at Dillard's in Tennessee. The very first rack of shoes we came to said, "New Reduced Price!", and my boots were right next to the sign. The display pair were the only ones left in my size, and they were only $105! God is so good!

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Oh how I love shoes. I can always point you in the right direction!! LOL

Amanda said...

These boots are perfect for you. I love them. I would have tried a pair on myself, but I wasn't brave enough. When I go shopping with someone who is a perfect "6", it is hard to ask if I can see these in a 10 please? You're feet are cute in EVERYTHING! :)
Love ya~~

Photobucket