Friday, October 26, 2007

Scrapbooking

Once a month our church has a Ladies Bible Study and Scrapbooking. After the Bible study, I was nowhere near ready to come home, so I decided to stick around and see how they do the scrapbooking in a group setting.

I have officially discovered that I haven't the patience for scrapbooking. I had a sneaking suspicion that it would rank right up there with sewing and canning on my list of "intolerables".....

and I was right. :)

My sister is an avid scrapbooker. She has drawers full of stamps, scissors, glue, glitter, cardstock in every color imagineable, construction paper in every color imaginable, markers, pencils, pens, stickers, ribbon and on and on and on.....

The paraphenalia alone is enough to make me have a panic attack.

And start twitching.

If I had all that in my house, and my kids got into it, as they inevitably would, I would have a mess of gargantuan proportions. Could you imagine??

Besides, in my mind clutter is the enemy; even if the end result is beauty itself. For example, when I clean out my closets or cabinets, I can't just pull everything out and start over. I have to methodically and neatly move things around.

Our pastor's wife is an expert at scrapbooking. Last night she ever so excitedly decided to take me under her wing in hopes of causing me to love it as much as she does. My mind was already a closed book after having seen the table full of stuff, but I truly tried to be enthusiastic. She asked me to glue the tiniest letters onto the banner.

I thought I was going to have to leave to get some air after the third one.

And to, ya know, hide all the twitching.

Add to that everyone sweetly asking me how I was enjoying it... Oh. My. Soul. At a complete loss for words, I just barely managed to smile and shake my head politely. LOL

By the time the spread was done I was more than ready to come home.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This is hilarious. Thank you for sharing! LOVE IT :)

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh! :D I can see definetely see your point. You should try digital scrapbooking in all your *spare* time. ;) It's the pretty pages and journaling without the mess!

~Rebecca

Photobucket