Monday, July 02, 2007

Wordless Wednesday Explanation :)


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

Okay, for those of you who don't know.... :)

Jordan, Alia, and Dillon stayed with my mom last week for VBS at her church. Nathan and Isaac were into EVERYTHING, and I never realized before how many of us it takes to stay on top of their whereabouts. I was cleaning and trying to get everything ready for Josh's parent's arrival, and in true toddler fashion they took advantage of my busyness.

If I arranged the movies, and books they rearranged them as soon as I got busy with something else.....several times . They got into the garbage, the refrigerator, the toilet...you name it, they got into it.

I was writing down birthdays and anniversaries in my new Flylady calendar when Nathan decided to sneak downstairs and use his daddy's electric razor to shave his own head. He was only gone for about five minutes, and the WORST part of it was that he followed me around for an hour or more afterward, and I didn't even notice. I had no clue until I went down to put laundry away and saw fluffs of stuff on the floor in Josh's bathroom.

This happened Thursday, and just the night before at church everyone was telling me what a cutie he was. OH. WELL. And Saturday was the church picnic. I've heard "Oh my goodness! What happened" more times than I can count, and I feel like I've told the story 50 times in the last two days. LOL He can't seem to decide whether he likes the attention or not. I'm only afraid that he'll decide that he liked it and pull this stunt again in the future.

After the mortification subsided, my only thought was "Thank you, Lord, that Isaac wasn't down there with him!" There isn't a doubt in my mind that he would be completely bald, too.

5 comments:

Amy Martin said...

It's actually kinda funny!! Cause... IT DIDN'T HAPPEN HERE!! And I told my kids, since they were so intent on the picture, that if they EVER did anything like that, they would NOT be able to sit down for a VERY long time!! But, I can laugh now! LOL

Amanda said...

Sherri, Jordan shaved his chin and Riky does not use an electric razor. It took FOREVER to get the bleeding stopped and he still has a small scar. So, I guess it could have been worse! Ah the joys of training instead of child proofing. We trainers to have better stories, don't we. He does look adorable! The boys usually go bald like that once a summer, we should have coordinated better and Nathan would have just blended in with mine.

Jessica said...

Well, at least he is cool for the summer!

Janelle said...

Sherri,
That's really funny because we actually did that to Aaron a couple weeks ago, but on purpose. I cannot stand long hair on boys and Aaron's was getting a little shaggy, at least according to me anyway. I give Ron a haircut once a week anyway and so I thought I'd give Aaron one too. I did it without the guard not expecting it to be quite THAT short, but it's growing out fine and may become a regular thing, we'll see. It is definitely cool for the summer and no fuss hairstyle for sure. Everyone at church kept asking if I did it by mistake and I just said, "nope" and then they start looking at me kinda funny. I guess those things just happen! I think he looks great both ways!

Anonymous said...

He really did a number on it - that's for sure! :O) My brothers used to get their hair cut that short every summer on purpose. Sometimes I was jealous because I was SO hot during the long summer days of July and August with long hair! Heehee!

~Rebecca

Photobucket