Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Isaac's Attention Getter




In the first picture Isaac is admiring a rock that Jordan found outside. He's fascinated with them.

I'm sure that Isaac considers his cast a gift of sorts. He's back up to normal speed since it doesn't hurt to put weight on his foot anymore.

Friday when we took him in to see the orthopedic surgeon, he told us that his leg is NOT broken. The inside of his ankle is just cracked. It's disconcerting to be getting mixed messages. If his leg was broken the cast would have to be left on for at least six weeks, but he's only leaving it on for three weeks. Which is good news. Isaac is having to be trained to not pick at the cotton. The plastic of the cast is sharp!

An interesting thing happened while I was picking out the color of his cast; I asked the nurse if the red was red or if it was kind of pink. It looked hot pink to me on the chart. She said, "No, it's red, but so what if it is pink?" I said I just didn't think his daddy would be too happy if he came out with a pink cast on since he IS a boy, after all. She said, "Well, there's nothing wrong with a boy wearing pink. That used to mean something bad, but it doesn't anymore." I wasn't exactly sure what she meant so I just stayed silent. But ever since I've wished I had said what I was thinking. If she meant that wearing pink doesn't make a guy gay, she's right, but I have a major problem with the fact that a lot of gay men wear pink to make a statement. If she meant that being gay used to be bad, but isn't anymore, well I beg to differ. I want my boys to look like boys, and the bottom line is that it matters to my husband, so it matters to me. Regardless of her opinion. This woman exuded a women's liber attitude, too. It was most unattractive. The Bible says to "abstain from all appearance of evil." I don't agree with the gay pride people, so I will take pains, even when it doesn't make sense to others, to avoid any and all association or agreement with them. However, I will not judge others if they choose not to. I just keep wishing there was something tangible, besides praying, that I can do to combat these perverts. This is one small thing.

If I see her when we take the cast off, I plan on talking to her about it. It has bothered me that much.

Anyway, Isaac is doing wonderfully. Thank you all for your caring and concern. I appreciate the phone calls and comments so much. I felt so bad that it happened at all, and not being there when it happened only compounded my guilt. Thank you for all the encouragement. I have great friends! :D

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Well, Bless his little heart!! That is the cutest cast!!
It also looks as though it hasn't slowed him down any! Glad to see he's still keeping you on your toes!

Love and hugs,
Auntie Amy!!

Amanda said...

Amy is right, it is the cutest cast. He is quite the little ham in it too! What a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he isnt hurting and is moving right along as usual what a blessing.

Photobucket