
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
On Tuesday, Connie, Alia, Nathan, and Isaac and I were just relaxing while the rest of the clan was out shooting. We heard Nathan and Isaac playing on the stairs as usual. About the time I noticed that they were being a little too quiet we heard a very unusual cry from one of them. I couldn't tell if it was Isaac or Nathan till I got downstairs and Connie had Isaac who was just writhing in pain. It was an unmistakable pain cry, almost like he had gotten the wind knocked out of him, poor baby. All Connie saw was that Isaac was crawling out of the bathroom, and there was a stool pulled up to the sink. We don't know what happened for sure.
He cried for quite a little while so I gave him Tylenol out of sheer desperation, then took him to the chiropractor. She said he had mild whiplash, and his hips were really out.
He did pretty well yesterday, and today other than really favoring his right foot, but when Josh got him up this morning it worried him to see Isaac's leg tucked up under him while he was standing in his crib. Not seeing much of an improvement throughout the day, I took him to the chiropractor again, and then to the walk-in care clinic.
When they examined him they said that it was probably a sprain (which is what I had been thinking) because there was no bruising or swelling, and he only flinched when they were examining him. We decided to do x-rays anyway, just to be sure. They took two, and they thought they saw a fracture, but needed to take three more to get a good view of it. It turns out that both of his lower right leg bones are broken clean through.
The Drs. and nurses were so good about everything. Isaac did wonderfully. He didn't fuss one bit and even I was shocked at how still he was for the x-rays. It was as if he knew they were trying to make it all better. :)
I'll post updated pix once we get the splint taken off and the cast put on. We take him in first thing tomorrow to see the orthopedic surgeon. Just pray that they won't have to put pins in it or anything like that. He already thinks he's pretty special. He's such a goose!

5 comments:
Aww, poor little guy! Hopefully he'll be mended and driving you crazy again soon!
Sherry,
Im sorry poor little guy!!! Hopefully everything goes well in the morning and the surgeon will see nothing that needs to be done!!
AWW!! My poor baby!! That makes me hurt!
KISS KISS from Auntie Amy. That will make it all better!!
Oh no! I'm so sorry. How awful! How long does he need to keep a cast on? I hope he's feeling better very soon! *hug to Isaac and mommy*
~Rebecca
Isaac is such a trooper. He is one tough little man.
Post a Comment