I'm past my 100th post, but since it is blogging tradition, I decided to do a 100 things about me post. I'm not that interesting so I doubt I'll be able to come up with 100, but I'll try.
1. I love my husband with all that is within me. Not because of anything I have done, but because God is still in the process of working miracles in the hearts of people, and He chose me. He is so easy to love, and yet, in my selfishness I didn't love him like he deserved for too many years.
2. I have five children. Yes, that's right. Count them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. (Can you all tell I'm still in a state of disbelief?)
3. I home school the oldest three with a one and two year old in tow.
4. I feel half insane most days during school.
5. When I get in and out of the van I subconsciously count to five to make sure all my children are present and accounted for.
6. I did this BEFORE Isaac was born. Can we all say c.r.a.z.y.?
7. My favorite color is periwinkle. Not so much because of the color, but the name, I think.
8. I love music.
9. I love to sing, but am not very good at it.
10. I regularly get lessons in humility by being subjected to singing in front of the entire church. I'm totally serious.
11. I play the piano every possible chance I get, and have for 18 years, and still remain stuck at a certain intermediate level.
12. I do not enjoy playing the piano due to the lack of progress I think.
13. I have music on almost constantly as long as the television isn't on, and nobody is on the phone, and sometimes even then.
14. I study books about music, and what makes it good, or bad, and why.
15. I love studying books about natural health and nutrition.
16. Putting what I read into practice is very difficult for me.
17. My favorite book of all time is Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. It was the only thing that got me motivated to work hard on my marriage. And because of that, my marriage is heavenly. More so than I ever could have expected.
18. My next favorite book is Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey.
19. My sister and brother-in-law are out-doing us in following Dave's advice.
20. I can't believe I'm only on #20.
21. My favorite food is called "Green Sauce". I got the recipe from BooMama. It's a dressed up type of guacamole. Sinfully delicious.
22. We don't drink pop.
23. We don't eat junk food of any kind, and when Josh's parents come, we get sick from eating what they eat. It sounds so good at the time....
24. We feel horrible after eating ice cream. Unless it's homemade.
25. I think I'm allergic to sugar. Josh thinks I'm crazy.
26. I started babysitting alone at age 11.
27. I only had a break from children for the nine months I was at college.
28. I've been either pregnant or nursing for the last 8 years and three months.
29. I'm not exactly fond of children.
30. I'm definitely not a teacher.
31. I think God has an interesting sense of humor.
32. And since He's all-knowing He saw what it would take to make me what He wants me to be. Constant, never-letting-up character training.
33. I have a hate relationship with food.
34. It drives me nuts to have to constantly be thinking about food.
35. I have an on-going conversation with myself in an effort to reprogram negative thoughts into positive, thankful ones.
36. I've read that your thoughts determine your feelings, but I haven't experienced that yet.
37. I'm so thankful that God gave me a little girl!
38. I enjoy baking. It's seasonal. :D
39. I'm terrible at math.
40. But I have a gift when it comes to handling money.
41. I love babies.
42. I went to Fairhaven Baptist College.
43. The only thing I enjoyed about it is the lifelong friends it has afforded me.
44. I have been unusually blessed with faithful friends who love me in spite of myself. I love you all dearly.
45. I attend the friendliest church on earth.
46. I get along fabulously with my in-laws. Praise the Lord!
47. I'm fiercely loyal to my family.
48. My family is very close.
49. I miss my sister so bad that whenever I think about it I cry.
50. My favorite song is Overcomer as sung by Songs of Praise from Hyles-Anderson College.
51. My mom and dad take my kids whenever they possibly can to give me a break.
52. We are blessed that both sets of grandparents support our disciplinary measures and reinforce them.
53. I've only ever had positive responses from people concerning the size of my family.
54. When I take my children places, at least one time someone comments on their good behavior.
55. I give God the glory for such good kids every chance I get.
56. I pray for my children and their future spouses at least weekly. I'm trying to do better.
57. If my house isn't clean I struggle against it affecting me.
58. If I could have one wish, it would be that I could afford a housekeeper.
59. If I could have two wishes, I'd also wish for a live-in cook.
60. If I could have three wishes, it would be that I wouldn't be bored from having nothing productive to do. LOL
61. How selfish am I?
62. I really do enjoy taking care of my family. I'm just exhausted from it.
63. When I'm asked to do extra things, I have an overwhelming desire to laugh hysterically.
64. I've never been afraid of not following the crowd.
65. I love movies like Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility.
66. I never get tired of watching these movies.
67. I've watched Anne of Green Gables more times than I care to admit, and enjoy the books.
68. I'm willing to do research on topics that I'm unfamiliar with, and once I come to a conclusion about a given subject, it's almost impossible to change my mind.
69. When I wake up in the morning my first thought is a prayer that I would be submissive to Josh, and reverence him. It's second nature now. Actually doing it is not.
70. I make my bed every day.
71. The master bedroom is ALWAYS clean.
72. I enjoy reading out loud to my kids, but I don't do it as often as I should.
73. I love my Flylady feather duster.
74. I'm about 10 lbs underweight.
75. No matter how much weight I gain in pregnancies and such my wrists totally gross Josh out.
76. When we were dating, his favorite thing about me was my small hands.
77. When we were dating he always called me Snowflake.
78. My family's nickname for me is SherBear
79. I'm a peacemaker.
80. My "me time" is spent blogging.
81. I would like to enjoy scrapbooking and sewing, but don't have the patience for either.
82. I love the way music sounds when it is sung with a smile.
83. Josh and I dated for 8 weeks before he gave me a promise ring.
84. We have been married for nine years this month.
85. Josh and I both planned on attending Ambassador Baptist College until two weeks before classes started.
86. We mutually knew several of the same people before we met.
87. One of those people performed our wedding ceremony.
88. We spent less than $3000 on our wedding and it was still gorgeous. PTL
89. When we lived in our first house we had a black and white theme going, by accident. Our house, shed, mailbox, vehicles, and dog all matched. We even had a black and white cat adopt us temporarily.
90. My favorite pastime lately is walking with my sweet dog, Pepper.
91. In our old neighborhood, people would come up to our door and offer to adopt our dog if we ever wanted to get rid of her. Her eyes are brown on top and blue on the bottom.
92. I wish she were an indoor dog, but Josh (like Stephanie ;)) thinks that animals belong outside.
93. I can't keep a houseplant alive for more than a week.
94. Miraculously, I have had an aloe vera plant for over two years. It's not thriving, but it is still alive.
95. When I was little, I decided I wouldn't marry a man if he couldn't play the piano.
96. When I was little, I was a compulsive liar, and a good one.
97. My mom cured me of that in a hurry.
98. We don't watch tv.
99. We are very selective about the movies we watch.
100. My parents are my heroes.
:D Thanks for taking the time to read it.

3 comments:
101. You have a good sense of humor
102. You have a kind heart
103. You have a genuine smile :)
(even when you ARE faking!)
105. You are a good listener
106. You are nonjudgmental
107. You are a great friend!!!
Like your friend above, I was thinking of things I could add to your list about you. Sherri, we all love you and appreciate your friendship, even if we all can't regularly keep in touch. (Excuse me, but I'm in a particularly nastalgic mood now since reading your post.) Ever since I got to know you at Fairhaven, I have felt endeared to you. To me, you will still always be my little sister that I never had but wished for!
You both are just too sweet for words! Thank you for loving me, and being my friends. I don't know what I'd do without you!
Stephanie~
I miss you so much! We live WAAAYYY too far apart. {{{HUGS}}}
Post a Comment