Monday, August 25, 2008

Serenity

I was reading in the front room the other evening and realized that this is my favorite view in my whole house. I get the benefit of the fireplace and the big windows from the living room. It's serenity itself. I'm thankful for my home.

This summer has been jam packed with projects, but the calm times have been the epitome of relaxation, refreshment, and replenishment. In all probability magnified by the general chaos otherwise. :)

I've been looking back on my blog and am surprised at how often I have found the time to write. Most of my posts have been the result of much study for the ministry that the Lord has laid on Pastor's heart for Josh and I to start beginning September 7th. We will be teaching a class on marriage for couples 30 years old and younger, and doing occasional activities with them which hopefully will reinforce what we are learning. We also will be relieving Pastor of some of the marriage counseling that comes his way. Every spare moment has been consumed with cramming our heads with all that we could possibly learn about this. Even while doing projects around the house. Some of our most productive studying (and tests, I might add. lol) occurred while painting the trim and working on the rock gardens. Multitasking at it's best. ;)

On Friday I received a phone call from my midwife asking if I would consider accepting a speaking engagement for the midwifery conference scheduled for this coming weekend. I was all astonishment! She wanted me to speak on "Midwives and Money". I was so honored that she would ask me, but I don't feel that I have the qualifications to do something like that on that grand of a scale. LOL I doubt I have ever spoken in front of more than a handful of people for longer than 20 minutes at a time, and never on this subject, and this would have been for a whole hour in front of a lot more people than that. A week just didn't seem sufficient time to prepare, especially mentally, so I sadly had to decline. In any case, her confidence in me has certainly done wonders for my own! :)

This summer has brought several opportunities that never would have come if it weren't for the Lord. None of it would be, except for Him. I give Him all the honor for it, even though I am limited in what I am able to actually do. My family is my first priority. Someday, I will be able to fill my time with these things that the Lord has given me such a burden for, but right now, I have six people who need my undivided attention. They are my greatest burden. If I don't do this well, nothing much else will matter.

School kicks into high gear soon. I have no idea how I'm going to manage with two hooligans to keep out of trouble while attempting to give my oldest three a quality education.

This little munchkin has been getting up before 6 a.m. every morning. He comes into our room laden with blankets, and climbs into bed with us; insisting on being in our bed, but covered with his own blankies. I don't know what I'm going to do with him. I have no need, nor desire to wake up that early. It has got to stop.

His eyes are finally starting to look normal again. Except for this one picture my attempts were futile. This is what I got over and over again.










He is mischievousness personified. He's already a leader. And, Nathan, ever willing to please, goes right along with his naughty ideas. I think he has already caved to the idea of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." It really is so much easier. Heaven help me.

4 comments:

Amy Martin said...

So, if he doesn't 'smile for the camera' you just throw him off of the couch? Poor baby!! If I didn't have one just like him coming on, I would say for you to send him to me! LOL Tyler is going to give him a run for his money. Oh the joys!!

Sherri said...

He actually threw himself onto the floor to get out of the picture.

He thinks he's so cute.

I beg to differ.

Did you see the ornery smile on his face as he was trying to get up? He was being so naughty. :)

And, if I thought you could handle it with all you have going right now, I would have sent him with Lester and Marlene when they picked up Cheyenne and Travis, but I figured it would be unfair to ask them to deal with him all the way to your house, so I didn't. LOL ;)

Pam said...

Blessings on your new ministry! There are a lot of couples out there who need marital help. If you're looking for another good book to read, I would recommend LOVE AND RESPONSIBILITY by Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II).

Stephanie said...

I think my favorite pic is the one of your hand in the foreground, and his face in the BACKground! LOL! I can just picture him snatching his head away the INSTANT you snapped the pic! SOOO funny!! (Well, for us... not so much for you... LOL ;o) )

Photobucket