Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Whaduyado.

Don't be fooled by their innocent good looks.

Today I took on a much dreaded and ridiculously frequent task.

Shampooing the boy's carpet.

Oh. my. word. I have no idea what I just got through cleaning up for sure, but the more I think about the possibilities the less inclined I am to know. LOL I've never seen anything so disgusting, and I clean their bathroom, for a living.

I have no idea where they got it, but I'm pretty sure one huge spot was finger paint. There was one big blob followed by three successively smaller blobs. In their attempt to hide what happened, they succeeded in thoroughly rubbing it into the fibers.

Fun.

There was also a very large smeared yellow spot that I'm told was, get this.....

raw egg.

Double the fun.

The alleged culprits are Dillon and Nathan whom I'm told get up after they are put to bed, sneak things from the kitchen, and gleefully eat them underneath the bunk beds. Imagine a good month of not cleaning your kitchen floor.

Yeah, that's what their carpet looked like.

Cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs, granola, cereal, ice cream, M&M's, chips, an empty Pepsi can, an empty Sprite bottle, candy, gum, and countless smears of dark brown that I can only hope are chocolate. How the other would get under there, I don't know, but.....it's possible. They're boys; believe me, anything is possible. The more disgusting, the better.

I am very seriously thinking about getting those magnet sensors to put on my cabinet and refrigerator doors. Spankings a month after the fact are only so effective. Regular whippings are the only thing that will for sure cure their sticky fingers. (Ha! No pun was intended. Really! :))

It was amazingly easy to clean up though! Praise the Lord!!! I used my PreSpot from Melaleuca, let it sit for about thirty minutes and then rinsed it out with water and Sol-U-Mel in my wonderful shampooer. I was sure I wouldn't be able to get the egg out, but you can just barely tell it was there now. I think if I go back and do it again in a little while it will be completely gone. I wish so badly now that I had thought to take before and after pix. It was impressive.

If I could have anything that I wanted at this moment, it would be hardwood floors throughout my house except for my living room and bedroom. At the end of my life, I'm sure I'm going to be sick when I see the total number of hours I spent blotting carpeting. The one consolation? I'm an expert at getting poop out of it.

Hmmmm, I wonder how much that pays...................lol ;)

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!! That is (as Dillon says) BISGUSTING!! Boys are SO.MUCH.FUN!!

Pee on the bathroom floor, frogs in the pockets, and food under the bed!! Oh the Joys of Boys! I can only pray that mine don't dare. I'm trying to instill in them a 'healthy fear' of me!! LOL

Thanks for sharing. I hate to have to laugh, but it is funny from a distance!

Stephanie said...

Hmm... I think I'm most curious about the RAW egg! What on earth?!? Were they attempting to EAT it, or just play with it? I can honestly say I'm not jealous in the least of you "getting" to clean that stuff. For now, I can stick with cleaning up after 6 parakeets... despite the frequency of their bathroom habits :), they're much more tolerable (and EASY) to clean... LOL. :) And my only egg-experience is that one of our female parkeets has begun laying eggs (she doesn't sit on 'em, so they won't hatch). She's laid 4 in the past 2 weeks! I accidentally broke one when cleaning them, though... whoops! No carpet mess from that one, though... ROFLOL! ;) I wonder how much the boys eat when they find things like M&M's that have been under the beds for awhile... you may have had a little less to clean than you realize...hahaha...

Sherri said...

Stephanie: "Hmm... I think I'm most curious about the RAW egg! What on earth?!? Were they attempting to EAT it, or just play with it?"

Answer: Your guess is as good as mine. :) All I can say is, they're boys. Through and through. I'm always amazed at the extent of their curiosity and their utter foolishness in insisting on pursuing it.

Stephanie: "I wonder how much the boys eat when they find things like M&M's that have been under the beds for awhile... you may have had a little less to clean than you realize...hahaha..."

Answer: I highly doubt that anything good is "left over" after the initial plunder. They're pigs. LOL The only thing left is the mess in their wake. I'm convinced it's not hunger but sheer greed that drives their sneaky naughtiness. That, or the thrill of seeing if they will get caught. I truly would not put anything past them. "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him."

Next time, if there is a next time (which I highly doubt), they will be cleaning it themselves. The resulting replacement of the carpet notwithstanding. :)

Photobucket