I've heard time and time and time again that "you can never out give God". While I know it's true, I still am overwhelmed at His goodness, His grace, His mercy....all that He is really, but especially...His generosity.
Since January the Lord has been working behind the scenes, as He usually does, weaving our lives into beauty and grace in every aspect...spiritually, mentally, financially. There is so much I have wanted to share, but hesitate out of fear of getting in the way of God getting all the glory. Even by accident. But I will share as much as I can so that you all can get a glimpse of the wonder I've been so blessed to experience these last few months.
As you know, Josh and I began praying together several months ago. We were happy before, but we are exceedingly so now. "A threefold cord is not quickly broken". I wish I could tell you what a difference it has made in our lives!
In April, God chose to use Josh and I as instruments in answering another family's prayers. What a humbling experience. With tears in his eyes, Josh said, "I have never been blessed to be part of an answer to somebody else's prayers before!" It was unforgettably amazing. We are so grateful to have been a part of it, and God gets all the glory. It could only have been orchestrated as it was, in every minute detail, by God alone. It is so exciting to serve God! You just never know what He's going to do next!!
If you don't expect great things from God, you probably won't get them, but if you do, be prepared to be blown away by what He can do! Pastor always says that God is just waiting to "show off" for His children that trust Him. It blesses His heart to show us His greatness when He knows it will not be taken for granted.
Exactly two weeks after that divine appointment, I received my unexpectedly generous Melaleuca check, and the same day Josh called home, in a state of total disbelief, to tell me that he had received a whopping 2.5% raise. That's extra every month. Permanently!! Not just a one time thing! In the past he's always received considerably less than what has been promised him in terms of raises and bonuses, and more often than not they've given him something relatively useless like a hat or a jacket or penknife instead. No joke. Considering the gas prices, their stinginess toward their employees is unfathomable. But God knows. And whenever Josh would get discouraged about being disappointed once again, I couldn't help but tell him, "God knows. Don't give it another thought. Just trust Him. God honors that! :) He knows your heart." It's true. :)
My mom and dad have been doing well, too. Their motion for a stay pending appeal has officially been granted, and life has basically returned to normal. The clerk wanted to postpone the judge's decision by giving the prosecution until the 6th of June to respond to the motion and my parent's until the 17th to respond to the response. The judge would have none of it! He granted the motion that day. What a blessing it was not to have to wait around wondering! :) Even the wording in the judge's response was a specific answer to specific prayers! It stated his reason for granting the motion as the possibility of the case being overturned at the appellate level and causing the previous judgement of the court to be "reversed"!!! God has definitely softened that man's heart! We are so grateful! In addition to that my dad has received a job offer that would allow him to make in one month what Josh makes in four! When we heard the amount that the court decided they allegedly owed, we knew that God could and would take care of it. When a case is reversed at the appellate level that is done away with as well. There is peace and countless other incomprehensible blessings in having the God of the universe as your Father!
And last, but definitely not least, God has opened up opportunities for service that have been in keeping with the work he has been doing in our hearts recently. Most are still in the beginning stages, the subjects of much prayer in seeking God's heart on the matter. Others, well, we've kind of just been seemingly thrown into the midst of them. :) It was a blessing to teach the young ladies class for two Sundays in April, and now I have the opportunity of serving in VBS next week, and the girl's ages 8-12 Sunday School class for the next three or four weeks. Josh got to teach the boys ages 8-12 Sunday School class in April, and has been doing what he can to gather signatures and fight for the amendment to the state constitution stating that life begins at conception and the right to life of all people, regardless of dependency and age. This in addition to our "regularly scheduled" stuff. ;)
Life has been the most fulfilling it has ever been for us and we are so thankful for what God is doing, and especially for being used, despite ourselves. We truly are so unworthy. "I know that in me, that is in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing." "He must increase, but I must decrease." That is the prayer of my heart.
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you!"

3 comments:
Sounds Exciting! I love you posts when you are feeling encouraged! Excitement oozes from them!
As my pastor always says, "Praise the Lord, and shame on the devil!!!" :o)
That is so wonderful how the Lord has worked on behalf of your parents! What an answer to prayer!
Post a Comment