I don't believe in coincidence. God is on the throne. He is just and holy and no One to be trifled with.
Josh's parents live on the outskirts of Cedar Rapids, Iowa where there is massive flooding taking place right now. As of an hour ago, the water in downtown Cedar Rapids had risen to 31 feet. That's 19 feet higher than the river bank. They're calling it a 500 year flood as it's broken every record, and hasn't even crested yet. I'm sure you all have seen the devastating pictures.
We talked to Ron last night and he couldn't even talk for the tears that would come as he attempted to describe the destruction. The majority of flooding is where their bus route is, and although everyone is safe, it's heartbreaking that they had so little to begin with and now even that is gone.
Connie and Ron live on a hill out in the country so their house is safe from flooding, but I know they are frustrated at how little they can do to help others since they are both in no condition to be of assistance to others right now.
Please join me in prayer for all that have been affected by this storm of God's wrath in Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin and Minnesota. With the draughts and fires on the west coast, and the extreme heat on the east coast, I sincerely believe that the hand of God is on our country. God's judgment has been a long time in coming, and there isn't one state that is not going to feel it's affects. Gas prices are skyrocketing along with food prices. With the economy in the state it's in right now, this does not bode well for the coming months and years for our country.
I was reading in Ecclesiastes this week and it is so appropriate for this situation. Basically it talks about how the same things will befall the just and the unjust in this life. God is no respecter of persons. But as Christians we can claim His promises of care for His children. II Chronicles 16:9a "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." Therein lies the difference between those who love God and those who don't. We have hope. Imagine how very lost the lost are right now. What a heartbreaking opportunity. The harvest truly is plenteous.
"If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
I don't know about you, but I think our country is in desperate need of healing from the inside out.

1 comment:
Amen.
Post a Comment