Friday, September 28, 2007

The Tryst..(ahem) I mean TWIST Cone

I rarely experience blog worthy moments that are amusing in nature. Josh on the other hand often comes home with stories that have me rolling. My response once I recover is always "I should blog that!" and he always replies "Yes, you should!" :) So, probably against my better judgement, here's the most recent story....

After lunch on Wednesday, one of the guys Josh went to lunch with wanted to go to The Creamery for dessert. Josh said he didn't want to go because he didn't have any money, so the guy offered to buy for everybody. When they arrived no one was behind the counter, and there was one other customer in there waiting.

After about five minutes the guy left in disgust, but Josh's friend really wanted ice cream so they decided to wait. They talked loudly, opened and closed the door several times 'cause it dinged, and they even went behind the counter and actually looked in the back rooms!

After about 15 more minutes, they heard a door open in the back, but nobody came to the front right away. Finally, a guy came and peeked around the corner and saw them waiting. He got all flustered and said, "Oh, I'm so sorry you guys had to wait so long. Hang on just a sec and I'll send someone out to help you." Before he could even get back there, a girl, looking very flustered, came around another corner and asked if she could help them. They both were guilt personified. Josh said that there was dead silence for an eternity as he and his friends processed the impression they were getting and as she thought fast for some explanation.

She started just babbling about how she was so sorry, but they were in the back and hadn't heard anyone come in and they were watching the screen from the security cameras, but hadn't seen anyone. And finally Josh's friend said, "Yeah, Josh your shirt blends right into the floor there. Of course she didn't see us waiting here for half and hour!" That shut her up in a hurry, and she meekly took their order looking like she wanted nothing more than to die right on the spot. The guy came out to help her, and he very quietly asked each of them if they wanted free waffle cones with their order for the "inconvenience". Josh said he said it so quietly that none of them knew for sure what he was saying but they heard the word "free" and said "SURE!"

They went outside to eat their ice cream, and the guy came out and was practically groveling trying to make them more comfortable, and asking if he could get them anything else. Josh was SO tempted to ask for a comment card, just to see what their reaction would be. ROFLOL He is SO BAD.

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

That is TOO funny. I can't even imagine what I would have done if I had been the one waiting. Actually I can, I wouldn't have waited, and then I would have missed out on the FUN!!

Amanda said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for sharing. Please, do share, any more of Josh's stories!

Photobucket