Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cumberland Cave and The Aquarium

This is the entrance to the cave. The boys don't look particularly comfortable in this picture, but they didn't make a peep, so it must not have been too bad. Johnny came up with the brilliant idea of putting Nathan in his hiking pack. As funny as it looked it worked great!
People actually get married in this cave. Unbelievable.
There was vast nothingness over that ledge. Yikes.
Amy is claustrophobic and afraid of heights so she kept me entertained with her ongoing dialogue with herself. The guide mentioned that the cracks in the ceiling were really a good thing because they allowed the water to flow through rather than build up pressure over our heads causing the roof to collapse. She kept saying something like, "This isn't scary! Not at all. And the cracks are good things. Just keep thinking, the cracks are good things!" LOL
They had a chandelier hanging above the tables and they put a light show on for us. I didn't get any good pictures of the light so this will have to suffice.
This was pretty much the only picture that turned out at the Aquarium. It's a family of crocodiles. I think it was Cheyenne who said, "Look! They must really love each other!" :)

This was a tank where you could pet some sort of big fish. I can't remember right now which ones they were. Amazingly, Nathan wasn't afraid. If you only could have witnessed the episode at Amy's house where Nathan crawled out of the van and almost ran into Beau's chest when he turned around, you would have been impressed with his calmness, too. Apparently, he's only deathly afraid of dogs. Fish are friendly enough.
These are amazingly fast otters frolicking in the water. I took about ten pictures and this was the best one of the lot. :(

Fun stuff! :D

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Jordan and Cheyenne in the last picture.

Sherri said...

Yeah, they're goofy when they get together. We didn't tell them to do that. They're both first born so they both think they know everything, too. Conversations are actually perpetual arguments. It's enough to drive ya nuts.

Jessica said...

SOO Cute pictures
I like the one of Josh and Jordan on the cliff. I think that is a really cool picture for the family album.
Anyway,
See you tonite @ 6:15
Jess

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed looking at all your pictures. You all had just a blast! Maybe next time we can meet you down there. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

TTYL!

~Rebecca

inside the barricks said...

Looks like you all had a great time. The pictures are beautiful.
I also love the one with Josh and Jordan looking over the cliff it doesn't look like a real picture. Are you sure you didn't enhance it? JK

Photobucket