This year, Josh, true to his ever over-achieving self, went crazy with our garden. It's H.U.G.E at approximately 1800 sq.ft. His parents garden was an entire acre, so at least ours isn't that big, but it's big enough and the pictures don't do it justice. It doesn't look that big until you're actually out in it, and that's a lot of sq. ft. to have to weed. I am thankful, really, but I have enough to do without a garden the size of Rhode Island to take care of. LOL He has assured me time and again that he will do all the weeding, and that hopefully the only thing I will need to do is make sure that Jordan gets it sufficiently watered every day. That remains to be seen. It hasn't worked out that way the past two years, but there is a first time for everything, and I'm maintaining faith that it will be true this year. (To his credit, he has made it a point to be home a lot more lately which is a small miracle in and of itself due to his strong work ethic. I am definitely thankful for such a hard working husband. I wouldn't change it for anything.) Since I am trying to be a help MEET for my husband, however, it is as much my duty to help him with his beloved garden, as it is for me to support him in anything else that he endeavors to do. It's a choice that I have to make every day. Well, I guess I should say, it's ONE of the choices.
At the risk of sounding psychotic,(LOL) I will share that I daily tell myself that I chose to be thankful, joyful, loving, kind, gentle, positive, consistent, and the list goes on. The point is that all these things are attributes that we can choose to embrace or....not. The Lord gave us all a free will. It is a very powerful thing, whether it is used for good or evil. I want my will to be His will. I can do none of the above things outside of His grace, but as I chose to bend my will to His, He molds me and makes me, daily, into the vessel that He would have me to be. I often think of the quote, "If you fail to plan, plan to fail." If I don't consciously make the choice to be what the Lord would have me to be, I am unconsciously making the choice to do my own thing, and live this life in my own power. If that isn't a plan for failure, I don't know what is.

1 comment:
Hey, we want a picture of this garden!!! Marlene planted one that I plan to raid this year, but I don't think I'll ever have one. Much to my midwives chagrin!! LOL
Post a Comment