Thursday, March 12, 2009

Have You Ever....

...tried to get a good picture of five children at once?

In order to get one picture like this....

You have to suffer through numerous snapshots of this....

And this....

And eventually this....


I also may or may not have had to make a statement that included the word "booger".

I finally gave up and set my sights on inanimate objects.




Ahhhhhh. Much better. ;)

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Take the time to cherish those silly pictures. That is one thing I really regret not allowing more of when my children were little.
My most cherished pictures are the ones where their true personality shined through, silliness and all.
I was always looking for that perfect shot and regret not just taking the time to enjoy some of their silliness. Two of mine are grown and away at college and even now when we get together and take pictures some of my favorite shots are when they have each other in head locks or just acting like their just normal selves. Lovingly indian rubbing one anothers heads.
I know it is a blessing to get that perfect shot. Just make sure you stop and smell the rosey head rubs along the way. :0)

Amanda said...

That was a wonderful comment!
It took me 72 pictures to get the three that we used for our Christmas card this year, so I know what you mean. You think the kids were hard, add 4 puppies into the mix and OH.MY.WORD. I didn't think that we were going to end up using any of those 46! I truly do Praise the Lord for digital cameras, though. I remember one year when I did have to use film and took 2 rolls (48) that I didn't like, so I took another 36 and on the way to get them one hour developed, Jordan opened the camera back. First and only time that he did that!!!
I should post some of the ones from last fall with puppies so that you don't feel alone ;)

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

For some reason that posted twice. Sorry about that~

Stephanie W. said...

I thought of you the other day when I read a guest post on Passionate Homemaking by Laura from Heavenly Homemakers. She wrote on the "Joy of Boys," since she has four of her own (and no girls). You would enjoy reading it if you haven't yet. :)

Seasons of a Helpmeet said...

With boys it's nearly impossible to get a "perfect picture." I used to stress out about pictures, but I realized that it wasn't fun for anyone when I did that. One little suggestion is to buy a remote shutter release for your camera. If you put the camera on a tripod and have a remote to release the shutter, it gives you freedom to put a silly hat on and make them laugh or maybe use a puppet to gain their interest while you can snap the pic with the other hand. One thing that works for us is when I tell them that I have a special reward for them (that I don't tell them) if they can sit and behave for picture time. It's usually a favorite fruit or activity they both love to do.

Your kids are adorable and look like loads of fun.

Seasons of a Helpmeet said...

You got rid of the Skating rink!!!! The poor boys! :) The rugs really warm up your beautiful living room.

Photobucket